Friday, January 1, 2010

Hooray for 2010!

Happy New Year to everyone! Good-bye 2009, we wish you well, but now we are all ready to start anew. Speaking of starting anew, last night I finally completed the shawl that has been on my loom for months, and months, and months. I have been working on it a lot this past week since I have been off of work, and Christmas is over. I have really enjoyed the process and have learned a lot on what to do and what not to do.
I have tried to finish things up for 2009 so I could start over fresh for the New Year. Yesterday I took down the Christmas decorations and cleaned so I could start off fresh and clean. I ended up having time on my hands so I went to work on making fringe and removing this shawl. The lighting is horrible as the loom is in my bedroom and it was dark out when I took the pictures, but you get the idea. I wet it down and when it dries I will post pictures of the finished product.

So today I am going to start with a new project on the loom with this beautiful Cotton I bought while in North Carolina last year. It is Arucania 100 % cotton from Chile. I love the color and think it will make a very unique shawl. After the movies this afternoon I will be starting my new project.


I am still diligently working on the last Noro bag, I know not everything was wrapped up in 2009. I'll be working on that later during some football watching time.
Happy New Year!



3 comments:

Claudia said...

The shawl is gorgeous. Congratulations, sister, and Happy New Year!

Beth said...

Beautiful shawl. I would love to learn how to weave. Do you look at yarn differently...knitting yarn vs weaving yarn?
I bought the same Arucania cotton at my local yarn store! It is an aqua base with lots of multi-color splashes. I was thinking of a baby sweater for mine. New projects are always exciting.
HNY!

Monica said...

What a beautiful shawl! I had left another comment about Claudia's bag, but I'm not sure you had it (my connection is bad at the moment).
I thank you so much for your sweet wish, and wish you too a beautiful New Year filled with joy, love, peace and health!
Monicax.