Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Camera

My husband bought me this wonderful camera for Christmas. I am very excited to be able to take action shots of my sons swimming. Now I just have to learn how to use it. I have to admit that I am a bit scared of it. They say in the directions that all you have to do is point and shoot. I can't imaging that it is that easy. It comes with this a lens for up close and one for far away, I'll admit that I have no idea how to use them. I currently use a Sony Cyber-shot. I like that it doesn't take a lot of know-how to use, but I am constantly making excuses for my photos especially on this blog. When I take my Sony to swim meets I usually get my kids swimming underwater, so all you see are splashes of water. The timing is off on it even when I put it into the continuous picture taking mode. Wish me luck with the new camera, I am going to try it out this weekend while at a swim meet for my youngest son.

Yes a pathetic picture of my blueberry pie. It was yummy even if I did not take a great photo of it. Do you see why I might need to learn how to use a better camera?

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Good luck! Mine has a lot of stuff that I haven't even dealt with. I drew the line at more than one lens because I knew it would drive me nuts. Maybe in the future, but I'm happy with what I have right now.

xo
Claudia

Monica said...

Meredith,
I know you'll be happy with it. I'm definitely a Nikon girl (I tried Canon for many years too)!!!
Hope you'll show here some of your efforts!
Monicax.