Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Catching Up

First, a big congratulations to all those incredible knitters that made it through the knitting Olympics. I have seen some amazing sweaters completed in just 17 days. I am in awe of all of you. Next time I will try to think a little more clearly before I make the decision to commit myself to the Knitting Olympics. I am not sure what I was thinking taking on a big project while 8 of the 17 days I was going to be really busy with swim meets. So what I was really trying to accomplish was a big sweater/coat in 9 days. 9 days in which I work, take care of my family and have to transport children to different activities and appointments. Remind me that my life is really, really busy next time I take on a crazy project with a time limit.

While I was in Orlando watching my son swim against some of the best of the best 15 and 16 year old young men in the State of Florida I did start another ruffle scarf. I will post pictures another day, but for now just imagine a beautiful gray, black and blue smooth yarn. This one is for my Mother-in Law, maybe for Christmas but probably just because. The ruffle scarf is a fun, engaging, very portable project. It gets a lot of looks and comments from others as it is very beautiful and quite different.

By the way my oldest son was quite amazing this weekend. Not an easy task to swim when it is very cold outside and almost as cold inside. The air quality was horrible and the pool deck area is just gross. He has mild asthma so the conditions were not in his favor but he still made it into finals in all six of his events. He ended up doing great! Good job honey.

No comments: