I have been carefully cleaning and organizing the past few days so I can start the New Year with a fresh start. The Christmas decorations have been put away for another year. There have been trips to drop off things we don't need to others who may find them new again. The beds have been cleaned, the dog washed and the house dusted and vacuumed. I have a few more cleaning things to do today in hopes of starting off the New Year with a clean slate.
I am not one for New Year's resolutions, but this year I thought I would give it a try. Besides the regular ones of eat right, and exercise, I thought I would add a few new ones.
1. Be kinder to myself. Make a little bit more time for me. Try to treat myself as nice as I would a friend. This will be tough but it will be worth a try.
2. Count the finished projects I have made this year. Many people have a goal about how many they would like to complete, I don't. I think just finding out the actual number without the stress of having to complete a project might be kind of fun.
3. Explore crochet and weaving more. Of course weaving falls into the take time for me category as I have to do it at home, it is not portable. It has been so fun to renew my crochet skills and see all the amazing projects people make. I consider myself to be a knitter, but I realize I can be a knitter, crochet and weaver all at the same time.
4. Blog more often. I got so busy this year that blogging took energy I didn't have. But I love to blog, and I love to read peoples blogs, and I think the lovely people who blog and are so creative are an inspiration.
5. Think thoughts of Gratitude every night before I go to bed. I have been doing this for some time but have lacked a bit of consistency this year. It helps to end the day on a positive note.
Here is hoping you all have a wonderful New Year. Be safe.