I have been gifted with two awards lately and I just wanted to share them with you. I received The Versatile Blogger Award from The Florida Crochet Garden. And the lovely Kreativ Blogger Award from Grateful 4 Crochet. First let me just say a big Thank You to both of you. I am still a bit shy about my blog and I am just amazed that anyone, anywhere thinks my blog is nice enough to bestow an award on me. Please take a minute to visit these blogs. These amazing women hold down full time, crazy busy careers, yet they take the time to share their creative lives with all of us.
So now I am at the point where I have to share ten things about myself . Here we go.
1. I am basically an idiot when it comes to the computer. My sister Claudia is frequently having to come to my blogging aide. When she returns from her seven week trip to Wisconsin for work, I am hoping she will retrieve these blog buttons and place them on my blog. Just the thought of doing that myself almost makes me want to hyperventilate.
2. I love all thing Wizard of Oz. I loved the movie growing up, those flying monkeys scared the pants off me. I have bits of a collection of Wizard of Oz things....I'll share it with you sometime.
3. I have two boys and I simply hate the fact that they are growing up. I miss theme underpants, round bellies, giggles in the tub and bedtime stories. Now I have boxers, sweaty boys all around my house, fights about homework and worries about driving.
4. I am completely obsessed with yarn. I would rather buy yarn than clothes or shoes, well frankly I think I would rather buy yarn than food.
5. I am the youngest of four kids. My brother was 17 years older than me. He passed away almost 20 years ago. My older sister Claudia (see #1) is my very best friend. I have another sister just three years older than me who is estranged from the family and never is in contact with my sister and I.
6. I am an Occupational Therapist and work with babies and young children who are delayed in their development. Most of the children I see are in medical foster care so they are away from their families. Most of these babies have been exposed to drugs/alcohol before they were born, which is just the saddest thing.
7. I am right smack in the middle of menopause and let me tell you I am not enjoying it one bit. It is funny that menopause has done something to the synapses in my brain some how bypassing the area that filters out what I am going to say. If I think it, I say it and frankly don't really care if I am offending some one or not.
8. I am a huge fan of Barack Obama, and I feel so bad that he inherited this big mess of a country and people are bashing him constantly. Eight years of a mess can not be fixed in just two short years. I frankly would have felt bad for anyone who inherited the country the way it was two years ago. I am not a fan of people or organizations that create a huge "fear" fan base to get people elected. Sorry if I have offended anyone, please see #7.
9. I still get a little freaked out when I look in the mirror and see all the wrinkles on my face. I just always seem a little shocked that that is me. My mother-in-law tells me you never get used to it, she is almost 93 so she should know.
10. I love blogging. I started off blogging just as a way to comment on my sisters blog (see # 1 & #5). I gradually commented on other blogs and very slowly began to post. I do not have 500 followers or get eleven hundred comments but I want you to know that I appreciate each and every one of you. I love to get a peak into your lives. I love that you share your families, and your homes as well as your creativity. I love your honesty and I love you as friends. Thanks.