Saturday, June 18, 2011

Awards.....For Me??????

Hi Everyone!
I have been gifted with two awards lately and I just wanted to share them with you.  I received The Versatile Blogger Award from The Florida Crochet Garden.  And the lovely Kreativ Blogger Award from Grateful 4 Crochet.  First let me just say a big Thank You to both of you.  I am still a bit shy about my blog and I am just amazed that anyone, anywhere thinks my blog is nice enough to bestow an award on me.  Please take a minute to visit these blogs.  These amazing women hold down full time, crazy busy careers, yet they take the time to share their creative lives with all of us.

So now I am at the point where I have to share ten things about myself .  Here we go.

1.  I am basically an idiot when it comes to the computer.  My sister Claudia is frequently having to come to my blogging aide.  When she returns from her seven week trip to Wisconsin for work, I am hoping she will retrieve these blog buttons and place them on my blog.  Just  the thought of doing that myself almost makes me want to hyperventilate.

2.  I love all thing Wizard of Oz.  I loved the movie growing up, those flying monkeys scared the pants off me.  I have bits of a collection of Wizard of Oz things....I'll share it with you sometime.

3.  I have two boys and I simply hate the fact that they are growing up.  I miss theme underpants, round bellies, giggles in the tub and bedtime stories.  Now I have boxers, sweaty boys all around my house, fights about homework and worries about driving.

4.  I am completely obsessed with yarn.  I would rather buy yarn than clothes or shoes, well frankly I think I would rather buy yarn than food.

5.  I am the youngest of four kids.  My brother was 17 years older than me.  He passed away almost 20 years ago.  My older sister Claudia (see #1) is my very best friend.  I have another sister just three years older than me who is estranged from the family and never is in contact with my sister and I.

6.  I am an Occupational Therapist and work with babies and young children who are delayed in their development.  Most of the children I see are in medical foster care so they are away from their families.  Most of these babies have been exposed to drugs/alcohol before they were born, which is just the saddest thing.

7.  I am right smack in the middle of menopause and let me tell you I am not enjoying it one bit.  It is funny that menopause has done something to the synapses in my brain some how bypassing the area that filters out what I am going to say.  If I think it, I say it and frankly don't really care if I am offending some one or not.

8.  I am a huge fan of Barack Obama, and I feel so bad that he inherited this big mess of a country and people are bashing him constantly.  Eight years of a mess can not be fixed in just two short years.  I frankly would have felt bad for anyone who inherited the country the way it was two years ago.  I am not a fan of people or organizations that create a huge "fear" fan base to get people elected.  Sorry if I have offended anyone, please see #7.

9.  I still get a little freaked out when I look in the mirror and see all the wrinkles on my face.  I just always seem a little shocked that that is me.  My mother-in-law tells me you never get used to it, she is almost 93 so she should know.

10.  I love blogging.  I started off blogging just as a way to comment on my sisters blog (see # 1 & #5).  I gradually commented on other blogs and very slowly began to post.  I do not have 500 followers or get eleven hundred comments but I want you to know that I appreciate each and every one of you.  I love to get a peak into your lives.  I love that you share your families, and your homes as well as your creativity.  I love your honesty and I love you as friends.  Thanks.

10 comments:

Rizzi said...

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND, YOU DESERVE THOSE AWARDS....YOU SURELY EARNED THEM. YOU ARE A SPECIAL PERSON, YOU AND YOUR SISTER CLAUDIA......
I ENJOY GOING TO BOTH YOUR BLOGS SO MUCH.
YOUR CROCHETING IS JUST BEAUTIFUL, AND I LOVE HEARING STORIES ABOUT YOUR BOYS. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, WHEN YOU SAY THEY ARE GROWING OLDER.....I WISH I COULD GO BACK WHEN MINE WERE ALL YOUNGER, THEY WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS.
I AM HAPPY TO MEET SOMEONE LIKE YOU MY FRIEND.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. RIZZI

Marjo said...

Congratulations with your awards!!!!!!

Love
Marjo

Rose Red said...

I am the youngest of five - and the only girl. I always envy women who have sisters who are like best friends, that must be a wonderful relationship.

And I'm a big fan of your president too, I hope he is re-elected.

Claudia said...

Congratulations, sister. Give me a couple of days to re-enter back at the homestead (clean messes, dust, yank weeds in the garden) and I'll help you with those buttons.

I don't leave until early evening so it will be midnight by the time I get home.

xo
Big Sister

Teresa Kasner said...

Dear Meredith, you are young if your kids are still at home. Congrats on the awards, you deserve it, you're a dol!! I love the scarf you made for your son's GF.. if she doesn't appreciate it, you didn't want her anyway. LOL I'm also a big fan of Barack Obama and think he and his family are wonderful. I get so tired of the "haters" that pick on him.

I'm so glad we're blog friends!!

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

The French Bear said...

And I love you and your yarn obsession!! You make me laugh and smile....I think they are well deserved awards!!! I come from a family of ten, six girls and four boys....some I talk to and others who don't talk to me....that's life, but I do enjoy your boy stories!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B
xx

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Meredith, Love your 10 things about you, very interesting and truthful. I love that. I'm through menie, but still get those darn hot flashes!!! And I will never get use to my wrinkles also, I think I have every cream......they don't work. Congratulations on both awards.
xoRobin❤

Annaboo's House said...

Hi there!
I just wanted to thank you for popping over to my blog to say hello. I'm so glad you liked it!
I couldn't resist paying back the compliment and diving over here to see you, and I'm very glad I did.
Am your newest follower so I don't miss out on your lovely things. ( I especially like your red knitted dress!)
Xx

Susanne said...

I love this posting, the bits of info you shared about yourself and how I can so relate to some of the things you wrote. Menopause is the pits, I hear ya sister on that one. Watching children grow up is a bitter sweet experience for any mother. I am also an Obama fan. I totally agree with you. I wish people would quit blaming him for the mistakes caused by George Bush. It does take time to clean up messes, and he has his work cut out for him. My biggest gripe is that too many people are in office who would rather work against the President than to work with him. So many are in it for personal gain. I love yarn too, hard to pass by it and not have it fall into my shopping cart, lol.......I sympathize with your estrangement from your one sister, I am estranged from my mother, I prefer to keep it that way for my own sanity. I don't hate her, just pity her, and I realize there are no winners when this happens. I had a mil who made up for all that, well almost. I am a nurse and also work in the health care field, semi-retired now, but taking care of a husband who is in ill health......so, I can relate to many of your comments. Congrats on the awards ♥

Monica said...

Meredith,
I so enjoyed reading this post and knowing something more about you.
You are so lovely and I consider you a friend too, even if we never met!
Monica xo.
P.S Looove the Wizard of Oz!!! :)