Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's On Your Needles?

I am having a bit of a yarn slump.  I am just not overly excited about any project.  I thought if I blogged about the projects I am currently working on, it would give me some incentive to make some progress.

 Another cowl with the amazing Malabrigo yarn I am currently obsessed with.  I have frogged this baby 3 times.  It was two short, not drapey enough and just not right.  I decided to double up the yarn and use a treble crochet in every stitch with this cowl.  Now I am thinking it is too long.
 And in this basket is project number 2.  I am attempting to make the sweater below in alpaca yarn that is thicker than the yarn used in the picture.  I am also attempting to make it using circular needles, which isn't really in the round, I just won't have seams as the back and sides are being knit all at the same time.  So the progress is a lot slower and need I say, a lot less fun.  I may decide to make it a vest and leave off the sleeves completely if I can't take it anymore.
 I took this intended scarf off my loom yesterday.  I really don't work on my loom unless it is cool out, don't ask me why I have no reason.  I decided to finish this yesterday as I had only a couple more rows to complete.  Well I should have stuck by my seasonal rules as after I took it off it shrank width wise, and elongated so that it looks like a really, really long belt.  So I think this project is going right in the garbage.  Believe me when I say it looks better in the picture than it is.
At least I got a very lovely surprise when I walked out side today with Max.  One of my gardenia bushes has decided to surprise me with some late seasonal blooms.  My kitchen table is so happy right now.
So what do you have on your needles or hook?  I need some inspiration.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

To be honest,,,, nothing I'm still pissed about my bomb project...boo-hoo... and that I didn't pick your name too...

Ok, I'll be a good girl and go pick up my hook again...

Grateful4Crochet said...

Thats funny, because I have made quite a few things lately that I just don't love. I have also done so much frogging!
I like the idea of making the sweater a vest- I actually tried on a vest version of that sweater this week, it was bright red and had a hood, and looked just like a red riding hood- it was super cute.
Good luck with getting your yarn groove back :)

Teresa said...

Meredith, in spite of what you say, the green scarf is gorgeous... I think it's a gorgeous color and love that silky look!
Somehow cowls don't seem to get me in the right mood for this season... the sweater seems really nice, though!
I'm working on a sweater I fell in love with but on a different color. I'll try to post a couple of pictures tomorrow!
xxx

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

I love the green scarf too! I'm knitting another toddler roll neck sweater for my 2nd granddaughter. I will be posting soon on it. Have a great weekend and don't despair you will find something soon that will motivate you. xoRobin❤

Teresa Kasner said...

I also love your green scarf.. don't throw it away... have a giveaway! LOL
I'm still slogging away on my flower shawl. It's taking forever and needs another 8,000 flowers.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jane said...

Meredith, I love the look of that Malabrigo yarn. Maybe put something else with it? Another colour or two? Shock yourself! If I need inspiration, I always find it from fellow bloggers, who are so amazingly creative - maybe visit some of the other blogs I've got links to on mine - they're my favourites :)
Have fun
Jane

Rizzi said...

YOUR WORK IS BEAUTIFUL, I AM A GRANNY GIRL STITCH PERSON, ALL THE YEARS I CROCHETED I MOSTLY DID GRANNY. I DID A FEW OTHERS STITCHES, SHELL, WAFFLE, AND A FEW MORE...YOU DO LOVELY WORK. YOU USE SUCH GREAT YARN, AND COLORS TOO. TAKE A BREAK, AND YOU WILL WANT TO CROCHET AGAIN. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND....WE ARE HAVING RAIN ON AND OFF RIGHT NOW.....RIZZI

Karen said...

Mmm. I love the smell of gardenias.

On my needles? A pair of socks I've been working on for . . . well, it's been a few years, I'm embarrassed to say:(

Claudia said...

Just the throw I was working on in Wisconsin. Now that it's hot, nothing will be happening with that sucker for a long while.

xo
Claudia