Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back to Blogging

Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments on my son's swim meet.  He is handsome isn't he?  He has had this week off swimming, his first in a year and a half.  So we took him and some buddies to Universal Studios in very hot, humid Orlando Florida.  Can I just say hot and humid again for effect?  It was 97 degrees everyday we were there, and the humidity in the center of the state of Florida is horrible this time of year.  Actually the humidity in the whole state is horrible this time of year.  He had a great time and I tried to stay inside as much as possible.  While I was there I finished project number 38 for the year.  You have seen it before, but I love it just the same.
 A Cascade Echo Duo scarf in a lovely shell pattern. 
 While I was in Atlanta a little surprise came in the mail to me from across the world.  Grateful 4 Crochet sent me these beautiful cards she hand makes from children's books, as a special thanks for my first ever give away.  Can I just tell you how excited I was?  These pictures do not do them justice, my lens kept fogging up, as I said previously Florida in August is disgusting.
 The envelopes are brilliant and the cards inside amazing.  I just love, love, love them and I am thrilled that anyone would think to send me such a lovely present. 
Ok, how pathetic are these pictures?  You don't see the vibrant colors or the wonderful pictures, in fact all you see is fog from all the humidity.  Please go visit Grateful 4 Crochet, a beautiful crochet filled, gratitude filled blog.

Now that I am home from various short trips, I hope to be a bit better at blogging and reading all of your wonderful blogs.  Have a tremendous weekend.

7 comments:

Julia said...

I've caught up on some of your posts. I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to blog or read blogs. I enjoyed reading about your son, the swimmer. It brought back memories of my girls swimming when they were in high school.
Your knitting is great!
Those cards are really great. I love the idea of using old children's books this way.

Karen said...

What a great idea for using old children's books. I often see old books at garage sales and want to take them home with me.

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Your blog blesses me every time I come over here. Not only are your knitting creations so beautiful to see, you have a lovely way of seeing life. Thank you for sharing!

Teresa Kasner said...

Welcome back again.. love the way the scarf is looking.. who's it for? I'm glad your son is getting a break from all the training!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Susan H. said...

Welcome back Meredith!! We missed you. I love those cards Greatful 4 Crochet makes, they are so neat. The Orlando area is always extra hot due to lack of a breeze. Today I went out on the lanai to read for a little bit (I know, what was I thinking) and had to come in right away from the heat. The cooler temps will be here soon enough and we can enjoy the lovely sunshine until next May.
xo Susan

Claudia said...

How nice to receive those pretty cards! Yes, I know all about Florida in August - that seems to be the only time I go there!

xo
Claudia

Monica said...

What a beautiful gift you received, Meredith! Enjoy your spare time, and relax!
Monica x

Rizzi said...

THE OTHER DAY I WAS SITTING OUTSIDE CROCHETING
AND IT WAS GETTING SO HUMID IT WAS HARD TO WORK THE NEEDLE. IF THE HUMIDITY WASN'T SO HIGH I THINK I COULD TOLERATE THE HEAT. LOVE YOUR LITTLE CARDS, VERY PRETTY. HAVE A GREAT WEEK, I AM SO GLAD TO BE BACK. RIZZI