It is Super Bowl Sunday here in the US. My Green Bay Packer's are out of contention so I do not really give a hoot who wins. Watching the game is a great excuse to sit in front of the TV with some crochet, so that is exactly what I will be doing. As I don't care about the game, I thought I would write about a few things I think are Super.
* My azalea's are in bloom already because it is sooooo warm out. They are a little splash of color in all the brown and green of my landscaping.
* Max's foot is finally better, we may be able to take a short walk today. He has been so bored waiting for it to heal.
* Beautiful lilies in a simple vase on my kitchen table. They smell gorgeous.
* Most, and I repeat most, of my paperwork done for the weekend so I can really enjoy my day.
* Soft pink tulips on my coffee table. Sorry for the fuzzy picture but they are beautiful and such a pretty color.
* Waking up on my own today even if it was early, I love it when I do not have to set my alarm.
* A basket of crochet just waiting for me to pick it up. I was crocheting of Friday and quickly realized I did not have enough yarn to finish this project. A quick trip to Tampa and the yarn store had more skeins in my die lot, I swooped up four of them so now I can breath a little easier.
* I have started to do some yoga from a DVD I play at home, I have found out how inflexible I am, well in almost every area in my life, but it is getting a teensy bit easier, so I am thrilled.
* Time to get caught up on my reading list. I hate it when I am too busy to read my favorite blogs, but this weekend I feel like I have connected with most of you.
* When both my boys are home on a Saturday night. They may not be in the room with me but I know they are home safe and sound. I can also go to bed earlier because I don't have to wait up for anyone, boy am I getting old
* Another shawl is almost ready to be taken off the loom. If all goes as planned, I might have time to do it today.
* Reading the Sunday paper with a cup of tea and no rush. I love a slow morning.
* Sparkles in the yarn for the shawl. Can you see the sequins hiding?
* The most unbelievably great pizza at a new restaurant (at least for us) last night. My mouth is still in heaven.
* Reading an interesting series that has appalled me and hooked me all at the same time. I question if it is appropriate for teenagers/kids. So many people have read these books and have been mesmerized. I guess I have been too as I am on book three, they are just a bit shocking in the magnitude of violence. When discussing them with my sister-in-law, she said they are no different from all the violent video games kids play and she has a point. It is the violence with kids against kids that took my breath away. Anyway I am close to finishing and will be happy when I am done.
* Wishing you all a wonderful Super Sunday.