Thursday, February 9, 2012

Up and Running

My Sister's (and a little mine) Esty's shop is up and running.  Please check my side bar for easy access.  Claudia is amazingly talented.  She crochets beautifully, quilts and makes the most incredible things out of very little.  Please check out her blog for all of her inspiring ideas and check out the new Etsy shop for her crochet scarves, my shawls and in the future lots of fun projects.

 This has been an exciting project for both of us.  We are having a difficult time in our lives for many reasons.  A big part of it is watching our Mother and Father decline so rapidly, but sometimes not rapid enough.  So a new shop where we can sell things we love to make has been a fun respite in our time of stress.

 Are you ready for even more pictures of shawls?  I just finished this today and wanted to show you before I head off to work.  Can I tell you how much I love it?  Made from Kertzer Tiara 72% Wool, 27% Nylon and 1% Polyester.  It is soft and really beautiful.

 I am not sure you can see the metallic thread looping around the yarn.  It is a lovely touch and adds just a teeny, tiny bit of sparkle.

I am frantic to get this in the mail to my sister so she can photograph it in style.

I promise to show the progress on my blue crochet shawl very soon.  I have been crocheting a bit in the evenings so I am getting closer to being finished.  Have a wonderful Thursday everyone.

14 comments:

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

I know what you mean by how exciting it is to sell things you LOVE to make. I'm enjoying every moment I spend creating beautiful things for my chrochet shop. I hope you and Claudia do as well with your shop!

Sue
xo

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Love your Shawl Meredith. I do see the metallic thread and it is so sparkly! A real eye catcher!
I'm going to pop into your sister's and your shop next. It's very exciting : ) xoRobin❤

Grateful4Crochet said...

Wow!!
I just checked out your shop and its beautiful!!
Those shawls are just amazingly stunning!!!!
Good luck with it- I am sure they will sell like hotcakes as they are just beautiful!

Emily said...

Gorgeous shawl, Meredith - you're very clever! And how exciting to have your own shop - I'm off to check it out now
Emily x

Rizzi said...

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU MEREDITH, I JUST GOT BACK FROM YOUR ETSY SHOPPE.....EVERYTHING IS JUST BEAUTIFUL.......I'M SURE YOU WILL DO WELL........YOUR LATEST SHAWL IS GORGEOUS.......I'M OFF TO CLAUDIA'S BLOG................RIZZI

moonstruckcreations said...

The very best of luck with your new shop - Im sure it will be a big success.

so sad to hear that your parents are not well - thinking of you.

Helenxx

kathy b said...

I'm off to check the shop out

Susanne said...

Your shawls are all so lovely it would be hard to pick a favorite. I missed yesterday's post and trying to catch up. I bet you are excited about the Etsy shop and wish you lots of success and plenty of business. I will check it out soon as I leave here. Trying to keep warm here in Ohio...we are expected to get a bit of snow soon..but can't complain, we have had beautiful sunny days here and there.
Take care, (((Hugs))),
Susanne :)

Teresa Kasner said...

I will go over and see the shop.. very exciting!! Good luck with it!!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Unknown said...

Im so sorry to read your parents are so poorly. Im off to check out the store now ;-) Good luck with it all and that is a gorgeous scarf, dee x

Floortje said...

No that is exciting news! Hope it goes really well and takes you two through the difficulties in you life too. Hugs, Floortje

lovestitch said...

Hello Meredith,
The scarf is so beautiful! I will check out your shop for sure!
I have an award for you, please drop by my blog and take it!
Enjoy your weekend!
Best wishes, LS

MaryMargaret said...

I'm so excited that your shop is up! Your shawls and scarves are beautiful. Etsy is such an amazing place for crafty people. Good luck with sales!

Annaboo's House said...

That Etsy shop looks lovely- such beautiful pieces!
Thank you for your kind comments - I hope my things sell well too.
Am off to check out your sister's blog now. Always great to find new and inspiring people!
Have a great weekend.
Xx