Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tuesday Chatter

I am a bit random today so please excuse my ramblings.  Did you see the super moon these past few days?  Sorry if I am posting pictures if everyone has done so already, I have not been visiting blogs due to work so I have no idea what has been posted. 

 The evening of the full moon it was quite hazy here but I did get a good shot or two.



I am fascinated by the moon and I always have been.  I find such beauty in it, whatever stage it is in.  Yesterday morning as I drove to work in the early hours before the sun was up, I saw the moon breaking through the clouds, it was so gorgeous.  As I was driving there are no pictures of it for you to see but believe me it was amazing.
 
  
This morning I slept til 7, a luxury I will not have next week when school starts for my boys.  When I took Max out this is what I saw, a gorgeous almost full moon peeking at me.  The photo above is untouched, but with a little contrast and cropping you get the photo below.


Can you see the woman's profile on the moon?  I see her best in the morning, in the evening she is upside down.  The dark area is her hair, it looks like it is tucked behind her ear and trailing over her shoulder.  There is just a hint of where her jaw and chin might be.  I think you can imagine her a bit better in the untouched photo above.
 

We had a visitor this weekend and Max was none to pleased.  Yes Mr. Wrigley Field came to stay for a few days.  You have all met him before and I have to say that while I love the little dog cuddles, Mr Wrigley was not all that well behaved, doing his business in my house to mark his displeasure that his family left him.  And yipping at everything, apparently he feels Max does not guard the house well enough.


Max was having nothing to do with the visitor.  This is what he did all weekend, just walk away from me as if it was my fault we were doing our neighbor's a favor.  Well it was my fault but I was just trying to be nice.  This coming after the dreaded children staying in our home and a very ill brother that Max had to visit often, but could not quite figure out why he was in my room for so long.  All this is so confusing to Max, I mean how much can this poor boy take?


And to make matters even worse Max had a birthday on Friday and it almost went unnoticed.  I was very overwhelmed and sleep deprived by my nursing duties.  Even though Max was sang to repeatedly, given blueberries on his food, given extra belly rubs and a walk where he could sniff as long as he wanted, it was not enough.  He wanted a big party for turning ten and having to put up with a new little brother running into him with his walker, a big brother that is often gone for long periods of time, and recently children staying in his home.  Max was not even allowed to bark at the pool for a few days for fear he would wake up his recovering brother. So sorry Max, we will have a big party for you next year when you turn 11.


Here is a hint of something I just finished.  Can you guess what it is?

My Teenager continues to recover.  It took him almost an hour and a half to eat a soft piece of buttered bread and two over easy eggs on Sunday.  Yesterday it was a bit more painful as the scabs are starting to come off, I know more info than you really need at this point.  Today we are weaning down the medication even more and he has been ordered to take a short walk, school starts in less than a week, I have to get him ready.  I am not ready, but I am determined he will be.

Have a great day.

36 comments:

Stins said...

Yes, I can see the lady on the moon !
Max looks so sorry for himself... Poor dog.. ;-)
Love from Mirjam.

Anonymous said...

Your moon pictures are beautiful. I went outside to look several times, but it was SO hazy that photos would have been useless.

We are going to St. Augustine in September so I can photograph the "supermoon" coming up over the ocean. I cannot WAIT! It's also our 35th anniversary, but mostly it's the SUPERMOON!!! LOL

Glad to hear that your son continues to get better. I'm sure he's feeling pretty hungry in his tummy with it taking so long to eat. I'm guessing once the scabs are totally gone, healing will go MUCH quicker.

Happy birthday to dear Max. He has to put up with SOOOO much.

We are cat sitting and I dare not post some of the things Shelby has done. Her owners would feel terrible about it. (She clawed my sofa! :-( ----- oh well, it is 30 years old. A few nicks won't matter.) Today ---- she has GAS! All I can say about that is "don't sit down wind of a gassy cat! YOWZA!

Handmade and off-centered said...

I see the profile of the lady on the moon :) fascinating. I'm glad your boy is getting better and it feels a little to soon for school to be starting but it's always nice to get back into routine.

Can't wait to see your pink project, I think I have an idea of what it is :)

Hugs,
Birgitta

Crafty in the Med said...

Ah! but they all have such a wonderful caring Mum!!!! That would be for the young sick lad,the little chap and poor ,poor neglected Max .

Max I am sending you big hugs from Spain to make up for all those distracted humans not celebrating your birthday properly tut!!!


....so glad to hear your son is beginning to feel better!


keep well

Amanda x

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Max is a very lucky boy. YOU are awesome.

Love,

S
xo

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a week you are having! Hope things continue to improve with your boys! Ashleigh went back to work yesterday!

Take care,
Linda

Home Meadows said...

The shawl is very pretty (in pink). :-) I'm glad your son is starting to feel better and getting back on solids. Hopefully Max will enjoy his normal routine soon. Heather

Deb said...

The moon pictures are amazing!!
Happy belated Birthday wishes to Max ♥ Archer turned 5 on Saturday :-)

Mrs. Micawber said...

The moon has been so beautiful the last few nights - you're right, there's something very fascinating about it.

Poor Max! Maybe you can throw him an unbirthday party when everything settles down.

Hope your son continues to improve - can you believe it's almost school time?

P.S. I know what that project is! ;)

RedSetter said...

Might somebody be a moon-baby perchance...? I adore the moon and did notice it the other night. I'm kicking myself for not photographing it as we've had cloud cover since.

Poor Max, I was wondering how he'd been doing with all that had been going on. No wonder he's doing big huffs...the human goings on have been bad enough without the interloper. All my love to the birthday boy and do give him a huge big huggy cuddle.

Mrs. C said...

I see the lady! Hope all is getting back to normal or as normal as things get... the twisted shawl is pretty, still trying to figure that one out... :) I'm not giving up on it though! :)

Heldasland said...

I'm so glad I am not the only one who sees faces on the moon. I too have always been in love with the moon, is always calms me. You have captured some beautiful shots

Anonymous said...

Poor ,poor Max . But he knows how loved he is really. I hope your dear son does continue to recover and then I think you deserve a major treat . I really do x

Shirley said...

I enjoy looking at the moon at times and seeing what I can see in it. Even the clouds remind me of animals and different things. I don't think I have lost it. I am glad that your boys are progressing. Where has the summer gone? It doesn't seem like it should be school time already. I love what you are making. Is it another shawl, if so, it will be so pretty. Take care Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

mamasmercantile said...

Amazing moon pictures, I found them quite fascinating. Fingers crossed your son will be ready to go back to school, remember to look after yourself.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your moon photos, I missed ours was pretty overcast one night I need to remember to look for it in the morning too. I never noticed the lady in the mood-thanks for that.
poor Max and I can totally understand why is a bit upset-animals like routine and not happy when things change.
so happy mr teenager is still getting better-bummer school is just around the corner for him-will he be up to it?
have a great day Meredith

elns said...

I'm glad the boy is progressively getting healthier. Is it bizarre I greatly relate to your dog photo expressions today? It's not a good or bad thing, it just taps into my empathy.

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Meredith so nice to visit you after a long vacation and away from blogville. Poor Max and your son! So happy your son is better and WILL definitely be ready for school!!!! Boy is time flying, I hate to see it go by so fast even when things aren't just so. Love your shawl : )
xoRobin

My Garden Diaries said...

I loved the 3rd photo of the moon! It is stunning!!!! And your poor little furry guy! I bet he is happy to have the space back to himself! Glad that things are moving up a bit for your son. You take care and like you early mornings are a coming! Take care friend! Nicole xo

Betsy said...

Your moon is beautiful. I haven't seen it at all this week. Miss Piper has kept me busy. Max DOES look a bit out out at having his birthday forgotten and having so many upsets to his life. The extra hugs and cuddles will have to continue for awhile.
So glad to hear your son is improving albeit slowly. He'll probably wake up one morning and be on his way as usual. That's what seems to happen with teens.
Blessings my friend,
Betsy

Una said...

I had to look carefully, but then I saw the lady in the moon. She has a cute nose. I wonder if she is visible from where I live. I will be looking more carefully in future.

Christina said...

I am very glad your teenager is recovering slowly but steadily.
I was looking at the same moon last weekend. I always find it strange that wherever we are, the moon is always the same. I remember walking through the Tanzanian bush once with the full moon in full glory. Comforting.
Thank you so much for your kind words Meredith, over in my own little space. I very much appreciate your thoughts. Cx

kathy b said...

I have NEVER seen the lady in the moon before…only the elusive man in the moon! OMG NOW i'll always think of you when I see her.
Poor Max dog. Not even a Frosty Paw?

So glad your patient is recovering and improving.
School daze…ugh it can't be that time..but it is.

LOVE to you! Love your crochet…..shawl?

Suzan said...

Poor Max!! Poor you!!! I'm sure that Teenager is more than ready to get back to school!! Lovely pink shawl!!

Carla from The River said...

I love the moon too. It is so amazing. I love it in all of its stages.

Love how you wrote about Max. :-)
What a sweetheart.
xx oo

Praying for all to go well this week.
Carla

Yarnism said...

I too love watching the moon and yes I did see the lady...Happy belated birthday to our darling Max, poor baby had to deal with so many things...can't wait to see your pink project...

God bless,
Sabrina

Linda said...

Such beautiful pictures of the moon, you did well to catch her beauty.

Happy 10th birthday to Max, I'm sure things will settle down and get back to normal soon for him.

Beautiful crochet, I am thinking shawl too xx

Have a great week x

CJ said...

Oh poor Max, I'm convinced the beautiful pink lacy thing is a late birthday gift for him. It sounds like your Teen is still having a really hard time with it all. Hopefully the next few days will be a real turning point.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Poor Max! I imagine it is all a little much for him. He handles it like a trooper though. Happy birthday you beautiful boy! The moon is amazing to me, too. Actually, before blogging, I didn't really notice so much around me. I'm glad I do ... although, my family would say I notice a little too much since I take pictures of anything of everything. I don't use them all, but take them just in case. :) I can't believe it is taking so long for your son to recover. I imagine by the time school starts, he'll be just fine. Hugs, Tammy

Caffeine Girl said...

Such a sweet nurse!

I don't think Max has much to complain about. He is a very loved dog!

Melanie said...

Isn't it funny how the moon has such a draw? My children and I love watching the moon, seeing it wax and wane, glow softly or shine brightly, see the shadows or the various colors it has. I love it, and your photos are lovely. We haven't had a chance to see the moon much the past few days...we've had crazy storms leading to lots of severe flooding and damage and I really can't wait to see the bright face again.
I'm very glad to hear that your son is on the mend. It sounds like he's been quite a trooper despite the effects of the surgery. I'm glad to hear that you are getting a bit of a breather now as well...nursing is a tough job! But I doubt he could be in better hands.
Finally, a very happy birthday to Max! :)
Hugs,
Melanie

RURAL said...

Oh that poor guy, I can only send well wishes, and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Poor Max also..oh the indignities...lol. Happy B day.

Jen

Amy at love made my home said...

I can see the lady in the moon, very glamorous she is too. xx

Jo said...

OOH! what is that pink thingy, I really want to know now. I know I can do that Miette, I know I can. Jo x

Kaiya said...

Poor Max, he's been having it just as rough as you and the rest of your family!

Gracie Saylor said...

Sending more love pats to Max and hugs to you, Meredith. xx