Friday, April 17, 2015

Jordan II and an incredible surprise in the mail................

You know I can't make just one of something, oh no there has to be at least two.  You have seen me make five of the same shawl, and sew five of the same shirt, which you know for the most part was an utter fail,  Thank you for all your wonderful comments about my sewing adventure, and of course all your bits of advice, I need all the help I can get. 


My second Jordan - sleeveless pineapple top is finished as of yesterday.  I started it on April 3, so that is not bad.  It would have been done sooner if I had not spent my entire weekend sewing useless tops.


This was made with Misti Alpaca Tonos Pima Silk, 85% pima cotton and 15% silk, with a size H hook.   I made it with a bigger hook this time to add more drape to the garment.


I only had two skeins of this yarn with a total of 663 yards used.  I literally had one yard of yarn left at the end.  I did not have enough yarn to make the last row of the 36 row pattern, so after row 35 I just did a sc border to finish it off.   This yarn is from my stash.  I think this is yarn I bought last summer when the yarn store I used to go to in Tampa closed.  If so it was a bargain.  I should keep better track of all that.


Really I am just so in love with this pattern.  It is fast and easy and the directions are incredible.  This Jordan is shorter and wider than my last one, more fun I'd say.  The green one is a bit more elegant.  Not that I am going anywhere elegant these days but I am ready if I do.


Now I am going to try and tackle the Ariane.  The original pattern is in French but there is an English version out there too and they are both free.   I already have the yarn from my stash and I am ready to get started.  Wish me luck. 

   
So yesterday I ventured out to my mailbox to find a surprise in the mail.  I mean a huge surprise.  
A package from the funny, and amazingly wonderful Pammy Sue.


See she even makes me laugh with her package.


Pammy Sue recently made this incredible doily and she didn't like it.  Really,  how could you not like this?  I told her to send it to me, but I was joking.  She was not.  I cannot even begin to tell you how incredible this doily is.  It. Is. Stunning!


Even though the color does not show up correctly in this photo it lets you see the incredible detail.  Really this is just an amazing piece of art.  


Pammy Sue as I told you in my note to you I am just stunned.  So, so stunned that you sent me this beautiful doily.  It is amazing., and so is your generous and big heart.  You make me laugh, you are such a bright spot in my day.  I love to visit you and see your amazing work, and now I have an example of just how amazing it is.  Your kindness pours out of your blog and into all of us, thank you for that.  And thank you for thinking of me.  Blogger's always seem to know when you need a bit of a lift, and this found me at the perfect time.  You are the best!

Not a bad way to start my weekend that is for sure.  Hope you are ready to start yours, too.  Have a great day.

39 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your tank is awesome. Looks like a very complicated pattern to me. Not sure what I would wind up with. And wow! That doily is amazing! Looks very intricate and lacy. How sweet of Pammy Sue to send it to you. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Amy at love made my home said...

Well I don't know where to begin!!! Your top is gorgeous!! I love the colour, the pattern, the drapeyness of it, everything!!! But gosh, the doily, it is a gorgeous piece too, but the kindness of Pammy Sue to send it to you is so great isn't it. What a wonderful lady she is. How great that is. I am so glad that you were cheered! I hope that the sharing has cheered Pammy Sue too. I hope you both have a fantastic weekend!!! Go somewhere glamorous and wear your new top!! xx

Clare said...

Oh the top is just stunning Wow I love that colour and yay for good post days, have a lovely weekend
Clare xx

Claudia said...

You are loved, dear sister, by your readers and everyone who is lucky enough to meet you.

And you are really, really loved by me.

xoxo
Claudia

kathyinozarks said...

Love your new top, and wow your gift is stunning-just lovely

Home Meadows said...

Your top turned out beautifully. The subtle turning shades of purple are very pretty in the yarn. I tend to repeat make a pattern I really like too and always make dish clothes in multiples. That was so nice of Pammy Sue to send you the doily and a nice surprise to receive! It looks great on your table. Hope your weekend is off to a great start! Heather

Unknown said...

I love purple, so I must say in all fair honesty that I like this Jordan top much better than the first - though they're both amazing, mind it! : )
And what is there to say about that doily? I'd never have the patience to make even a simple one, so I'm always in awe of those who make such complex ones... and your friend was so generous to give it to you! Sometimes these surprises are just what we need! xx

Unknown said...

That top is BEAUTIFUL! So delicate.
I love the doily. You are so blessed to receive it as a gift.

Annie Cholewa said...

Okay, I've read back and I'm all caught up. I'm loving your Jordan's and that doily is ace.

I do hope you are properly over those migraines dear Meredith x

Gracie Saylor said...

WOW on all counts, Meredith!!! Your week is ending in a successful flourish!!! I am celebrating with you :) xxx

Grammy Braxton said...

Another beautiful top. Your work is exquisite. I love the doily. Such delicate work. Don't worry about the sewing; if you will keep at it, it will get better. Hugs to LB.
Hugs,
Sharon

andamento said...

Wow, what a fantastic doily, it looks so complex, I can't imagine the hours of work involved. So kind of Pammy Sue to send it to you. Your pineapple top is rather lovely as well. I crochet lots of the same pattern too if I fond one I like.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Gorgeous Jordan:) How do you crochet so fast Meredith ? I am in awe! What a lovely surprise from Pammy-Sue, the doily is stunning indeed and looks brilliant on your table. Have a great weekend,
Jillxo

CJ said...

I'm amazed by your beautiful top, and I'm amazed by Pammy Sue's beautiful doily. Honestly, you guys are SO talented. I can't even begin to imagine how it's all made. Clever, clever, clever. Will you be sewing this weekend..? Whatever you're doing, I hope you have a lovely time. CJ xx

My Garden Diaries said...

Not a bad way to start the weekend for sure! I love that doily!!! It is stunning on your table! And that top...it is like heaven! So cool my friend! You have a great weekend...I have a very sick bean so I am sorry if I have missed any of your posts...trying to catch up here. Nicole xoxo

kathy b said...

Ohhhh It is stunning in the purple too Meredith!
Pammy Sue is so sweet to send that to you. I love her doilies. So few people care to make them now. I know you will hold it very special in your home

Anonymous said...

Jordan is beautiful. That is such a pretty color purple.

Judy S. said...

Wow, Jordan is gorgeous. How about modeling it for us? That is an amazing doily. I could never work with such tiny thread! How nice of her to send it to you!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

What a nice surprise from a nice friend. I like your purple Jordan. It is a wonderful color.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your crochet is gorgeous and I think its so pretty without being heavy, perfect for Florida. What a sweet surprise and gift. I think the doily is amazing and I love the colors. Glad she sent it to you, such a nice thing to do!
hugs,
Linda

Lynne said...

I can't believe you made another Jordan so fast. So pretty in purple!
A while back I won a beautiful blue doily from a Pammy Sue give-away. She is a doily wizard.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Your top is lovely and the cokor as well. The surprise doily is lovely. My weekend started off happy as I bought a pr of sandals and shoes and they fit and feel good on my hard to fit feet. Last two days have been very warm and even up near 80 on Sunday. Not the norm for Oregon. So I will ebjoy my new sandals. Hugs and have a great weekend too!!!

handmade by amalia said...

Love the top and the color, love Pammy Sue and the doily, have a lovely weekend.
Amalia
xo

linda said...

Your top is fabulous Meredith I love the colour, and it was so sweet of Pammy Sue to send you that doily I loved it when I saw it on her blog, I'm so peased that it has gone to someone who will appreciate it. Have a great weekend. :)xx

Babajeza said...

Again, you are tempting me. This Jordan .... hm ... but no!!!! I have an order to complete first, haven't even started yet because something tiny and cute has come along ... Have a wonderful weekend. The doily looks great on your table, indeed. :-) Regula

ANNA said...

Beautiful pineapple top!
Greetings from Holland.

Helen said...

When it's such a beautiful top I'm not surprised you made another! I love the colour, I bet it will be perfect for summer :) And such a lovely gift, bloggers are so lovely :)

Ljubinka said...

So beautiful top!
Very nice gift!
Happy weekend.:*

Mrs. C said...

I love the top! Where can I find the pattern? I would love to give it a try when school gets out and I don't have so much work to do! You did a beautiful job on it! I love the length and drape of it! :)

Chris said...

Love love love your new Jordan! And purple, one of my most favourite colours. It looks like it will be so pretty to wear, so lovely!! And your friend Pammy Sue, what a sweetie pie. That doily is beautiful, so many tiny tiny stitches. It looks splendid on your table. You always have the prettiest flowers . Enjoy your Sunday!!!

Jennifer Hays said...

I love this Jordan, I think it's even prettier than the other one and that was beautiful. What a lovely surprise from Pammy Sue! Wow. She is so talented. She was very sweet to send that doily to you and I know you will use it proudly.

mamasmercantile said...

A true feast for the eyes, a beautiful top and delightful colour. What a generous and thoughtful gift, the doily is a work of art. There are a lot of nice people around it certainly warms your heart.

Caffeine Girl said...

Jordan has a totally different feel to it in purple. It is definitely more playful than the more elegant green version.

What a lovely gift. It is clearly a peace of art.

ellen said...

Lovely, lovely crochet. I think you should take a photo of you wearing your gorgeous Jordan. Please do!
The doily is double lovely and what a sweet gesture.
I wish that my crocheting skills were up to either one of these beauties. I can well predict that if I attempted either one of these, my efforts would resemble something that the cat might throw up.
xoxo, E.

Jo said...

I HAVE to buy this pattern....the colour is sensational. Jo x

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the color of your latest! I ended up putting it in my Ravelry que...after all the weddings and babies... I am going to reward myself with some nice yarn and work this up! Thanks for sharing... and Pammy sue does such great work... such a lucky girl you are for her work!

Toni said...

SUCH a beautiful tank! I think you should wear it everywhere. Really, what has more need of beauty than a trip to the grocery store?

LOVE the doily!

Acorn to Oak said...

Wow! Another one?! Already?! You're amazing! It's beautiful!

What an incredible surprise you got in the mail! It's beautiful!

Tanna said...

I'm catching up this afternoon and, oh, my, all the wonderful awesomeness I've missed! First, both of your Jordan's are amazing... but, this purple one is killer! I can't believe it is only 600+ yds! Wow! I MAY have to give it a try. Second, YES, bloggers are the best. I love Pammy Sue! She is a good, good soul. =) Lastly, I know we would have enjoyed knowing Mrs. Josephine. =) She is one of us. blessings and hugs ~ tanna