Monday, December 28, 2015

Signs of our weekend......

Let me just say I was not ready to go to work today, not one bit.  It was a shorter day thank goodness, tomorrow is going to be a 12 hour work marathon so I thought I might post a bit about the weekend and what has been happening.

More training for Little Buddy on his bike, he is almost getting it.  Now he really just needs help with his right leg, the left is doing fine.  My back however is not, all that bending and walking fast alongside the bike is not making my back happy.


My good friend Cathy dropped off this cutie pie to add to my sheep collection.  She is all dressed up in her Christmas finery, isn't she adorable?


I am blessed by all the wonderful friends I have here at home and in blogland, I feel a bit spoiled!


The wee little cactus I rescued from my parents porch is so happy.  She bloomed just in time for the Holidays.  I think my Mother is sending me a message that all is well.  It was a lovely surprise to see this plant so happy. 


Another surprise was delivered to me on Christmas day.  My SIL had found these little pasta angels that my MIL had made a few years back.  She brought me one for my tree, a lovely reminder of a very special woman who I miss very much. 


I finished my Hitchhiker gift for my friend Cathy, who gave me the sheep above, the weekend before Christmas.  It got dropped off at her house just before the Holiday.  I hope she likes it.


Cathy is tiny, so this one went very fast, only 25 teeth, made with Cascade Yarns Tangier and size 9 needles.  I used about 1 1/2 skeins, and with the rest of the yarn I made this Queen Anne's Lace scarf.

 

I put the finished scarf in my gift bin for next year, I am trying to be more organized in 2016.


The next Hitchhiker is already on the needles, but not a lot of progress has been made.  I hope to get to it after working this week and putting all my decorations away on the 31st.  You know me I have to have everything neat and tidy when the New Year starts.


This last picture is to make you laugh.  I left Little Buddy out in the family room while I was doing laundry the other day and this is what I returned to.  Every sucker in his stocking was unwrapped and stuck to the floor.  I had to be proud of his fine motor skills getting all of these unwrapped in record time, and of course he had to lick each one and leave it on the carpet.  He makes me laugh.

Have a great day.

23 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Your new sheepie is lovely isn't he! I love the scarves as well and I am sure that the recipients do/will too. Buddy is a one isn't he! Difficult to know whether to be pleased or not!! xx

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So glad you had a wonderful holiday. I bet it was hard to go back to work. I'm so glad I got home from Texas yesterday. Charlie is snuggled by my side as I start to process the past week, grieve and heal.
hugs,
Linda

Caffeine Girl said...

That is an exceptionally cute sheep!
I really like the way the Hitchhiker works out in Tangier -- and the quickness is nice, too. I might have to give that a try.
LB is so lucky to have a mom who laughs -- instead of yells -- with that many suckers stuck to the carpet!

Judy S. said...

You are inspiring me to try the Hitchhiker with your beautiful finished and also to get out my QA pattern. Sorry you had to go back to work but hoping you'll have some time off at New Year's to enjoy your family. You are so patient with LB; he's lucky to have you! And I'm wondering whether you've checked your thumbs lately. Surely they must be GREEN! Way to go with the cactus!

Teresa Kasner said...

OK.. doctors orders.. no more bike riding for YOU young lady! LOL! Your new sheep is so well dressed.. love it! Have you named your purple one yet? I'm so pleased at the color of your rescue Christmas Cactus is the same color as the one I rescued from my mother's room before she passed. And I do know it was your mom speaking to you and telling you they are both doing well and are together. Your new HH is gorgeous.. such perfect color changes in it.. so autumnal. And then the big grin I got seeing what mischief LB was able to get up to while you were out of the room for just a bit.. what a character! I hope you get more rest this weekend.
*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
  *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Laura said...

So much color in all your photos! I have been nursing a little cactus plant for over a year, no flower so far but I haven't given up on it yet. Your two scarves are lovely -- so wise to start gathering gifts for next year already. Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Oh my .......that young'n is going to keep you on your TOES! LOL

I would NOT have left the grape one! Grape is my favorite Tootsie Pop!

Babajeza said...

Your sheep collection is growing, how nice. :-) And I am positive that little Buddy will be driving his bike like any other boy. I remember me learning how to drive my bike. I was so careful that my sister, who is two years younger than me, learnt it before me. :-) All the best for your back! Take care. Regula

Betsy said...

Hello Meredith! You've been very productive with your hitchhikers and your lace scarf. I, too , would like to put some things into a bin and have ready for gifts for 2016. Sometimes I feel I'll be knitting mittens until I'm 90! You need to take care of your back. Speaking as someone who's going through issues with mine too, I understand the pain. :-). I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of the suckers. It is amazing how fast he was able to unwrap those lick them and stick them to the carpet. Apparently he couldn't decide which flavor he wanted to eat first. Take care of yourself Meredith and don't work too hard tomorrow.
Blessings, Betsy

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

I really enjoy reading about Buddys exploits - little horror!! though sticking his lollipops to your carpet. Lovely thoughtful little gifts you received too. All the best for the new year x

CJ said...

I'm laughing about the lollies. Lovely knitting, you have been busy. I'm wishing you a very happy (and organised!) 2016. CJ xx

Jo said...

Love that Hitchiker, you made it so quickly. I am going to have a go at one of those for my friend. Sweeties - funny!! Jo x

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

That did make me laugh, Little Buddy always puts a smile on my face.
Love the newest addition, and it is good to feel spoiled every once in a while.
That pasta angel is really cute!

kathy b said...

Baaa baaa Love the sheep.
Ha hahhhaaa Love the suckers

Janet said...

The little sheep is a lovely gift. All the scarves looking great and I love your idea of a gift bin, it sounds like a good way to get ahead. I hope you manage to unstick the lollipops. Enjoy the rest of your week.

20 North Ora said...

You can't help but laugh when they do cute things like that! So proud that he unwrapped them all. The licking - not so good! LOL

Happy New Year!

Judy

Needles and Wool said...

I like the scarves! and the angel is so nice in the tree, a nice reminder of your mother in law. I did smile when seeing the unwrapped lolly pops so cute! he must have tried each one! :) all the best to you and your family in 2016! happy New Year! :D

Lisa x

Jennifer Hays said...

Go, Little Buddy! I think his motor skills are coming along great. I used to be horrified at the kinds of motor exercises they had my son doing - some of them seemed really destructive - but they helped him so much. It was worth it. I have a very similar rug in my front entry hall, by the way. I loved seeing your scarves; you're fast! You made so many so quickly. I hope work wasn't too bad. Happy New Year to all of you!

Kris said...

Oh Little Buddy, you make me laugh too. I love the scarves!!!
Miss you.
xo Kris

Olga Poltava said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Hugs from CA,

Olga

Willow said...

I loved catching up with all of Little Buddy's new accomplishments, especially his prowess in unwrapping and licking all those lollipops!
Happy New Year!

Suzan said...

LOVELY scarves!!! LOVELY colors!!!
Now that the Tootsie Pops are all unwrapped --- the hard part is done and buddy can now enjoy his favorite flavors!! Did he tell you which he liked best???
A very Happy New Years to You and to your Family!!!
Suzan

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my! That Little B didn't even take the opportunity to see how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center. Ha-ha! Beautiful shawl and scarf; cute little sheep; and I love the little pasta angel. Best wishes, Tammy