Thursday, November 16, 2017

Busy, busy and a trip......


After a very crazy week at work, I know are there any that aren't crazy?  And a teachers conference, Little Buddy is doing fine but can be a bit of a pistol, are we surprised?  We headed off to a whirlwind trip to Wisconsin and Chicago last weekend.  We arrived late Thursday evening.  Met with the the Aunts and their friends for lunch on Friday and headed off to pick up Mr. 20 from the airport.  He had a class Thursday evening he could not miss so arrived after us.  We quickly dressed for the wedding and had a wonderful time.  Little Buddy has been sooooooooo excited about this trip.  There is the train to ride at the airport, it is more of a tram but don't tell him that.  He had an airplane ride and we got to rent a van!  And best of all we got to dance at the, "dance party" after the wedding.  He had a wonderful time.  I am not going to show you our family picture yet as it just might be our Christmas picture. 


But I will show you my two handsome older boys.  They are rarely dressed up so I took the opportunity to take lots of photos of them.  We danced and danced and Little Buddy had the best time ever.  


This is one of the last smiles we saw because after the reception Little Buddy started to cough and cough.  My poor little guy got so sick. He was droopy on the drive to Chicago on Saturday morning and looked even worse when we got into our room.


He took a long nap during the afternoon.  


Actually,  the nap was four hours long.  I had to wake him up because we had big plans.  We were meeting a good portion of my family for dinner.


Uncle Don could only be with us a short time but while he was there he paid the most attention to this little boy.  They talked and snuggled, and Little B even ate a bit of toast for his Uncle.  After Uncle Don left it was all downhill again.  Little Boy sat on my lap and was not all that happy.  


Here is a photo of my beautiful family. Claudia and I are so proud of my niece and nephew.  They have become wonderful parents and truly amazing adults.  It is so nice to see them all grown up and responsible.  I enjoy who they have become so much.  My other nephew, their brother, was not in attendance, he lives in Michigan with his family but you bet I am proud of him, too.   You can see Little Buddy is not that happy in the photo above, he was not feeling well at all by this time.


Little Buddy had a big fever all night long, boy was he restless, I should know because I slept with him.  He got up and promptly fell asleep during breakfast with his Aunt Claudie and Uncle Don at our hotel.  He woke up at the end of our meal and mustered up a little smile.  After the big boys left for the Green Bay Packer/ Chicago Bears game (Please go visit Kathy B's Blog for a little surprise) it was up to our room for another nap. 


Aunt's are just the best aren't they?  We had to stay in due to Little Buddy being ill, it was raining and cold out.  Not much fun as we were so close to museums and the aquarium and of course Kathy B.  So close but so far when you have a little one with a fever.  After the game the big boys came back and showered and ended up going out for pizza, Chicago style.  I stayed in with a little one that had me very worried.  Kathy B was a pediatric nurse so she was texting me what to do and where to go if needed.  If we were home I would have taken him to the Children's Hospital, I was so afraid he was dehydrated.  I just kept pushing fluids, and more fluids, when he was awake.  


We made it home Monday morning but not before yet another nap on the plane.  Here he is nestled up to my lap.  I worked Monday afternoon so Dad and biggest brother were in charge.  Little Buddy fell asleep on the floor and they gently covered him up and left him there for several hours.  He actually just returned to school today.  He barely made it through the day and fell asleep on the ride home.  The doctor says it is just a nasty virus, seems all of my patients are ill, too.  Now I have a cold but I am not surprised.  I got very little sleep with a sick one next to me all night.  He is perking up gradually and now once again we have to fatten him up because he has lost 2 pounds!  

I am so far behind reading blogs and also a bit behind with work.  I will catch up when I can.  Hope you are all well.  And very special thanks to Kathy for her wonderful friendship.  We were literally 1 1/2 miles apart but were not able to meet up this visit.  I know we will in the future.  Now I had better get back to that progress note I was writing.  Have a great day.

27 comments:

Lilbitbrit said...

What a whirlwind. All good and happy times with some anxious moments. Then back to work you must be exhausted. Such lovely family pictures, special times to remember. Lovely to see.

Teresa Kasner said...

Wow, Meredith.. what a whirlwind of activity! I hope you can stay home and nurse yourself and get better so you don't get very ill. Poor LB... I know he would have had so much more fun if that virus didn't nab him so early in the trip. :-( I'm happy that you got to see so many family members.. I know you wish you all lived closer. Gosh, your sons are really handsome.. I know how proud you are. I loved seeing all of you all together at the dinner. So sorry it didn't work out to meet up with Kathy.. :-( OK.. you take care of yourself.. sending healing energy from Oregon. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Mac n' Janet said...

So sorry to hear he's been sick, but it looks like he had a ball before he came down with it. What a beautiful family you have. Hate being sick, but I wish I'd lose 2 pounds when ill.
Sorry you're down with it now, it sure seems to be going round.

Karen said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip, Meredith, I'm so sorry LB wasn't feeling at his best. You have three very handsome boys!

Araignee said...

Poor baby to be sick on such a special trip. I loved Kathy B's post of her encounter at the game. She is such a sweetheart.
I hope everyone is on the mend before turkey day!

Betsy said...

I saw Kathy’s post this morning. She sure seemed to have fun meeting up with your guys. And speaking of your guys, such handsome boys they are! How proud you must be mama. I was so sorry to read that our little guy was so sick though. That is so sad. He was all ready for a big exciting trip too, you could tell that from the first picture you shared. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. I think this is going to be a bad winter for these bugs. There sure are starting in early.
Blessings,
Betsy

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us, Mere. It is wonderful that so many of your family members could gather! While I'm sorry that you and Kathy B could not get together, I am so glad she was there for you to help you through a worrisome time with Little B...your meeting will be all the more special when it happens. I love seeing all your photos and am praying you all will soon enjoy being well! xx

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The picture of your big boys is wonderful! Poor Little Buddy, I'm just glad he got to see Claudia & Don even for a little bit. I hope he is back to normal now. I'm heading off to a big family reunion for Thanksgiving and my Mom will get to see her brother and sisters again. It's a very special trip for us! Wishing you a great Thanksgiving. Hugs!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So sorry to hear that the little guy was sick but so glad that you were able to make the trip and spend time with family. Tis' the season for viruses. The pediatric ward where I volunteer was filled with coughing kids yesterday. Claudia posted that picture of you, her and Little B on her IG account. A really lovely picture despite Z Man not feeling well. Hope you all get some rest this weekend and are feeling much better.

Anonymous said...

So sad your little boy was ill, glad to hear he's recovering now! And I'm also glad you had the chance to have some beautiful moments with your family.
Your 2 older sons are handsome indeed, if I was younger and free, I'd know where I had to be ;-) Haha.
Take some rest now if you can, take care Meredith!

Joyful said...

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear about little Buddy but I am happy you got to go to the wedding and everyone had fun. Your boys do look very handsome. I hope everyone including you recovers very soon so you can enjoy the holidays. Hugs. xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that LB wasn't feeling well and that you didn't get to meet KathyB.

But, oh my those photos. You can see how much he has grown ... What a handsome young man. And that feisty? I'm sure it will serve him well in the future, even if now it sometimes causes him a little trouble.

Hope you are feeling well soon.

Hugs,
D

Jo said...

Poor Little Buddy, I can imagine how excited he was about this trip and then to get sick, poor little man. I'm glad to hear that he's now on the up and I hope he recovers quickly. What a loving family you have, all rallying round to help, and all your boys are so handsome.

CJ said...

Oh poor little man. Illness so often strikes at the wrong time it seems. My eldest had to miss an important (to him) cross country race the other day because he wasn't well. He wasn't happy. Such a shame you didn't get to do everything you wanted, but it still looks like you had a good weekend, I love the picture of lots of your family all together and the one of your two eldest boys, that's a really lovely image. I hope your sweet little buddy is back to himself very soon and that your work isn't too busy. Busy here too in fact, it can be a bit overwhelming at times can't it. Have a good weekend Meredith. CJ xx

Nance said...

It's hard to know who feels worse when children are sick, the adults or the kids. Those nasty viruses can hit hard in an instant. It's all just too bad.

kathy b said...

You must be so tired~ ! You are a great momma~ ! Hope your cold is a tiny one. Hope LiL b eats like a champ this weekend!

alexandra s.m. said...

So sorry to read Little Buddy fell ill.
YOu have a beautiful family!!
Hugs~

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Well at least he had a good time at the dance befor it all went down hill. I'm glad he's perking up now. This is a bad time of year for viruses. Seems like every year around the Holidays everyone starts getting sick. You have a wonderful family and those boys of yours....so handsome!

Judy S. said...

Now I know why you and KathyB didn't meet up. So sorry that LB got so sick and sure hope he and you are on the mend. Sounds like you had a wild and crazy weekend, that's for sure. Have a restful weekend! Oh, and I loved the family photos! Hugs.

Lorrie said...

Sounds like both a wonderful and a terrible trip. I'm glad your little boy is getting better - what a virus! Do take care of yourself, now.

Melanie said...

That was sure a whirlwind trip - and I was waving to you from the Chicago 'burbs - glad you had a good time, but so sorry that LB got sick. Hope you're both feeling well soon. xoxo

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Oh bless your little man, thank goodness he is able to nap so much when his poorly. What a wonderful family get together, and my your older boys are handsome xx

Delighted Hands said...

Awwww, I am so sorry for the extra passenger for this trip (sickness!). It sure can mess with your plans; I'm glad to see you are such a great mom to lil b!!! So nice you still fit in memory-making time with extended family!

handmade by amalia said...

I hope Little Buddy has recovered from all the excitement and sickness. Other than that it sounds like a wonderful family time and everyone looks so happy.
Amalia
xo

Christine W said...

It sounds crazy 😉. Nice to see you and your family on the picture. Hopefully little Buddy feels much better now.

Tanna said...

Breaks my heart to see LB have such a rough go. You know when they just sleep and sleep they are really feeling bad. Such a sweet, sweet little guy. Glad he is improving and hope your cold runs its course mildly and quickly.

You have a beautiful family, Meredith. Family time is a treasure. blessings ~ tanna

Anonymous said...

Ah poor little fella, you sure have been busy. I have been ill and it is surprising how long it takes for us mums to finally give in and admit it. Sending you love and cheering you on this week. Jo x