Saturday, July 7, 2018

Lady sheep and a some travel plans........




                                   
Meet the Ladies.  They were a birthday gift from my dear friend Lynda.  Yes, last week I had a birthday, although I have to say I worked all day and barely noticed it was my birthday at all.  The big 54!  I am not one to think getting a year older is a big deal.  After a cancer scare at the age of 35 I'll take every year I can get.  I'll take my wrinkles and grey hair, too!  But to be honest I'd like to give my expanding waist and butt away.

Back to the sheep, aren't they adorable?  I am in love with them.  They look so busy and fashionable, maybe runway model sheep.  They will be put somewhere very safe as two of my other felted sheep are now in the waste bin because of two furry boys I know.  Really nothing is safe in my house at all anymore.  

If you just have to have these lovely ladies here is the link, you can find them at Signals catalog, and they still have them in stock!


This guy and I are planning a road trip next week.  As you know I am a bit of a workaholic.  I take my job seriously and because of Little Buddy appointments, children being in the hospital, having appointments or being ill, I often have a shortened work week.  So I really try to work when I can.  As I was looking at my schedule for July I realized 7 of my kids were going to be gone at the same time.  That is 14 out of my regular 32 treatments a week missing.  I looked it all over and called my friend Lynda (yes the giver of sheep above) in North Carolina and asked if she was free.  As the answer was yes, Little Buddy and I are planning our first road trip.  It should take about 11 hours by car to get there, very doable for both of us I hope.  We are leaving at the end of the week and will be gone 5-6 days depending on how things go.  I'll be working the last two days of the week because I want to see the kids that are here at least once, see workaholic above.  


In preparation for the trip I got new tires on my car, and an oil change.  I have been packing some food items, books and new cars for Little B to play with on the drive.  I've been making lists of items to take and trying to get ready as much as I can.  This knitting is on the list to take.  I really need to get going on this sweater but to be honest this year has been about my busiest year ever with work.  It seems by the time I get home, spend a little time with my seven year old, get him to bed and get a shower, well I am ready for bed myself.  I'm not sure a whole lot of yardage will be used this year out of my stash, but that's okay there will be time to knit sometime in my future when I retire, although that is a long way away.


I am already upset about leaving these two.  I swear I just adore them so much, but not enough to take them along at this stage of their very busy puppy lives.  That would be insane.


Hank is so adorable but very camera shy.  He is so beautiful but I can never seem to get a good picture of him.  His eyes are a beautiful hazel, his nose a milk chocolate brown.  He loves to look right at you unless you have a phone or camera in front of you, then he always looks away.  He is weighing in at 45 pounds now, with lots of growth left.  He is a big baby and sits on my lap every night for a snuggle and belly rub.  He thinks my oldest son is a big puppy and he gently nibbles his ears if he is sitting on the sofa.


Bear is always right next to me.  He waits at the gate we have installed to keep them out of much of the house, until I return.  He is always next to me on the sofa, or near me in my office.  He stares deep into my eyes and I wonder what he is thinking, good thoughts I hope.  His eyes are the deepest brown and his nose black as the night.  He only weighs 35 pounds but is as fast as lightning.  He can jump onto the back of the sofa from the floor and poor Hank can't keep up with him when running outside, he has to take a short cut to catch this fast boy.  Bear loves Hank and can't stand to be apart from him even for a second.  He cries and cries if Hank goes outside without him. 


This is the site that greets me every time I leave the family room/kitchen area.  Aren't they adorable?

So I will be off the blogging radar this week and next.  Wishing you all a wonderful week or two.  Wish me luck with my adventure with Little Buddy on Friday.  He has never been in the car near that long.  We'll see how it all goes.  See you soon.

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy travels.

ALL of your boys are just adorable --- furry and not!!!!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Have a wonderful adventure, travel safely, have a great visit. Great photo of the lovely,large and furry puppies and a great smile from Little Buddy, love that you share.
Hugs.
Joy

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

I hope you have a good getaway trip with Buddy. Love the color of the sweater you are making. Adorable doggies you have...and a handful but fun to be around, I am sure. Happy belated birthday to you, Mere! I think of things I can do more of when I retire, which won't be for awhile. But still find fun things to do on days I'm not exhausted from work day. Blessings to you and your family!

Mac n' Janet said...

Have a safe trip. The sheep and your "boys" are so cute.

Teresa Kasner said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* Meredith! Your sheep are adorable. I think Kristi got me that set of sheep which I took on our last trip on our trailer. I have a bad feeling that the sheep I got for you got chewed up.. :-( I hope your road trip goes well for both of you and that you have a wonderful time! Drive safely! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Anita said...

Have a great trip! Life does get busy doesn't it!!?? I'm happy to read you are packing knitting to take...that is more important than food already! lol Yeh...I'm just doing the "ash blonde" hair, wrinkles a droopy bits....if others don't like it too bad! lol Love your puppy pictures and young Buddy is growing so fast. All the best xx

Jodiebodie said...

I agree with you that Hank sees your boys as fellow puppy colleagues as opposed to your good self - the leader of the pack. I wonder whether Bear is doting on you because you reunited him with his sibling. You're his heroine. Or maybe he feels safe because he knows you are the leader of the pack and you can protect him from sibling teasing.
They are both so adorable as are you lady sheep. I thought of 'awesome' and then thought of 'ewesome' (did you groan at that one?) ;-)
Wishing you a happy holiday - friends are the family we choose!
Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

It is too bad those fur babies couldn't hang with your sister and her husband for the week. I think they could use some puppy love and antics right now. Well I hope you have a great time on your vacay.


Sophia

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...


So much cuteness in this post. The sheep (belated birthday wishes), Little Buddy and those fur boys. You deserve a break! Safe travels.

Christina said...

Happy Bithday Meredith! Wishing you and little buddy a fabulous road trip. Hugs xx

CJ said...

Oh those puppies, honestly, they are SO adorable. And I imagine so much trouble too. Bertie likes to be next to me ALL the time as well, it's tricky sometimes if I'm trying to cook and he's trying to lie down on my feet. A road trip sounds very exciting, I hope you both have a wonderful time. CJ xx

Karen said...

I love road trips, and reading all about your preparations makes me want to go on one. It sounds like a wonderful adventure. Safe travels to you and LB!

Those sheep are absolutely adorable.

Anonymous said...

oh my! I love everything about this post!
little sheep
happy little buddy
perfect (ahem. in the best sense of the word) puppies!
and an adventure!
God speed dearest bean. XOXO

Linda @ A La Carte said...

A road trip can be so much fun and then a good friend at the end of the road! Little Buddy hopefully will enjoy it also. You deserve this. The furry boys are so cute and hard to leave but I suspect will be wild with love when you return!! Oh and love the cute mice!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Whoops I meant cute SHEEP! Geesh, maybe I need a road trip myself!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those sheep are so cute! Have a fabulous road trip!

Caffeine Girl said...

Happy belated birthday!
I hope your trip is going well. That is a long car-ride for an active 7-year-old. I'm sure he'll have his moments, but I bet it will be a good trip overall.
Your boys are just darling -- and I'm not a dog person. I bet they are missing you even more than you miss them!
I've been eyeing those sheep in the catalog. So cute.
The workaholic thing is so hard for those of us you who work with children -- and I consider my high-schoolers to be children. Every year I swear I'm going to work contract hours and all my friends roll their eyes. How do you cut corners when you are working with children? I've been working this summer, too, no pay. But I worry too much if I don't check in weekly!

Jeannie Gray Knits said...

Ooh! The pups are so precious! Hope you have a safe travels and a great vacation.

Una said...

Have a great holiday. You both deserve it. Those dogs get more adorable every day. How is that possible?....and I've admitted before that I am not a doggy person. As for the sheep, great minds think alike. I bought a lovely ceramic sheep in a charity shop this week. It might even star in my next blog post.

karen said...

happy birthday (we are almost the same age ) and have a fun trip!!

Lilbitbrit said...

Have a wonderful trip. One is precious but the two are like complimentary bookends, they just go together.

gaia said...

I wish you a safe journey...

Sandy said...

Wishing you good luck, that's a LONG road trip for a kid that age. We used to do long 3 weeks of camping that involved lots of car time when my daughter was that age. I always made her a trip tick. Like the old style AAA, but kid friendly with activities and things to do and read about the area you're going through. She loved them. I never let her see the 3 ring binder until she got in the car. She's 34 years old and still talks about how cool those notebooks were. Did it several years in a row. I would include things about the state capital of the state we were going to be driving through, The state Flower and nickname. Coloring pages that related to the area, math problems about mileage from point A to B. Things about famous people who came from there, particularly if I could find a kid that was famous. And we would play word games....such good memories. Hope you enjoy.

Nance said...

You have a busy and rewarding life, much to be thankful for. (But so tiring!) I hope your road trip goes well. You have a charming Travelling Companion, to be sure.

kathy b said...

Travel blessings! It will be a good break for you from the pups. THey require so much at this age!!! they are darling though. I have a game to work on for LIL Buddy in the car. I'll email you. THings he can spot along the way and when he gets them all, he wins....

Araignee said...

Everything in this post is comment worthy but I can't get past the sheep. Oh, those sheep!!!!

bittenbyknittin said...

Cute, cute, cute! Cute sheep, cute dogs, cute LB! You know, one day soon you are going to have to find another nickname for Little B because he won't be so little anymore. My 7-year-old granddaughter is growing fast, all legs. The elementary years are the best. NOT looking forward to the teen years!

Delighted Hands said...

The classy sheep clic is very cool! Have a great road trip and enjoy the different scenery!!!!!

Gracie Saylor said...

Wishing you a wonderful trip, Meredith! Your new lady sheep are so fun to see...a perfect gift. Thanks for letting us enjoy seeing them, and your two adorable furry friends, too :-) xx

Judy S. said...

A very belated Happy Birthday. Have a fun and safe trip. Hope you get some knitting done as well as a chance to visit a couple of yarn shops! Those sheep are too cute!

Betsy said...

Oh my goodness Mere! Cuteness overload in this post! First those sweet little sheep, then your little guy and then those darling puppies. It’s so good to be back catching up with all of my friends in blogland. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself and RELAX.
Many blessings always,
Betsy

Acorn to Oak said...

Happy Birthday! Those sheep are adorable! So are your doggies! Have a wonderful trip! :D

mamasmercantile said...

Have a wonderful trip away. Belated Birthday wishes, the sheep were a joy and those boys a real delight.

Anonymous said...

The mouses are adorable!! And I believe I know who those 2 hairy guys were ;-)
I hope you enjoy your road trip to the fullest, because sometimes you just have to reload in order to keep up the good work as a workaholic ;-)
And congratulations with your birthday! The number is indeed just a number but I can totally relate to what you say about that waist and butt ( and I am only becoming 38 next month!!).
Have lots of fun with Little B on your trip!!!

Julie said...

I really enjoy your blog and have been following Little Buddy's progress over the years.

Best of luck with Little Buddy's first car trip. Car movie players are the best invention made for long trips. Consider buying a plastic tray with the pockets on the side (like you would use for breakfast in bed from Bed Bath and Beyond). These are amazing to store crayons and little things.

Melanie said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm a couple of years older than you - I'll be 56 in August. Your sheep are adorable.

I hope you're having a wonderful trip and getting to relax a little bit!

Jodiebodie said...

Hi Meredith,
Thanks for commenting on my blog post "Simple Stashbusters". My reply to your comment on that post has a question for you.
I hope you are enjoying your travel break and catching up with your long-distance mate.
Cheers
Jodie

Jo said...

My eldest daughter Heidi loves seeing your dog photos - she goes a bit swoony when she sees them! Jo x