Saturday, January 12, 2019

A quick catch up....................




I feel like I have been missing since the New Year and indeed I have.  Work has kept me busy and to be honest I am still fighting this cold/flu/infection or whatever it is.  I am going on week four but have seen vast improvement, still it is tiring me out.  How are you?  Feeling okay?  Any news?

These two interrupted my peaceful morning with their crazy antics.  I tried to get them to sit still for an early morning photo but nope they would not have it.  They had way too much energy after a night of sleep.  This weeks casualties, a screen on my lanai that they dug out and thankfully we caught or they would have been on yet another grand adventure. The bus driver from Little Buddy's bus is now an amputee and several of Little Buddy's cars have been mysteriously showing up all over the family room, and it hasn't been from Little Buddy.
   

They do make me laugh.  I can't even tell you how happy they are every single minute of the day.  Our beautiful Hank, who is on the right in the photo above will celebrate his one year adoption day with us in just two days.  Bear's is coming up in two weeks.  Where did that year go?  


This is about the most action this new crochet project of mine has seen all week.  There is just no time during the week to even think about creating anymore.  As much as I miss working with yarn and creating I am fortunate to have a busy job, at least for now.  Come February 1st all sorts of changes will take place with Medicaid and who knows what will happen then.


This is another Slouchy Crochet Cardigan.  I have worn the first one I made several times now and that is a miracle as I actually rarely wear what I make.  But that sweater is so nice and soft, it is comfortable and fits perfectly.  I just love it.  This one is made with Jeans by Lion Brand in the color Vintage.  The yarn is a dark grey but in some light it almost looks green.


I can't remember if I showed you my finished tile work.  This fireplace had forest green tile that was definitely dated.  We replaced it with a fairly inexpensive porcelain tile that looks like marble.  I love how it lightens up the whole area and really updates it.  I have ordered a new rug which should be in this week.  Our new master bath cabinets have also been ordered.  They are definitely showing wear and need to be updated as well.  My husband has been fixing all the divots in the walls that Little Buddy made when he was first starting to use his walker and was a crazy driver.  Now he only uses crutches in our house so the walls are safe again.  He has also painted baseboards, it looks so fresh and clean.


This is Little Buddy and his best friend at soccer last weekend.  It was so cold out we did not wear his soccer jersey.  They adore each other, they even have the same color walker!  They are no longer in the same class yet still see each other every day at school.  It is good to have a friend.


Before soccer today we had to go get new glasses as Little Buddy broke his at school yesterday.  He has two pair but I wanted to get them fixed before they were no longer under the one year replacement plan.  Of course the red/black ones he had were no longer available so I had to spring for these new frames.  These were the only ones that fit his lenses.  I think he is styling!  We laugh because now he has the most expensive glasses in the house.  Still for one year they can be replaced with no charge, and believe me they will be replaced several times. 


I will leave you with this lovely photo of a very tired boy on the way to our car after soccer today.  It has been a tough week for him returning to school, he is very tired.  I think we all are.  

I feel bad about not visiting all of you, to be honest I have just been so tired fighting this bug and trying to work.  I'll catch up.  Wishing you all well.

33 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Don't worry about visiting - just try to get some sleep squeezed into each day. Keep getting better Meredith - and thank you for sharing your photos today - sweet dogs, sweet Little Buddy.
Hugs
Joy

Teresa Kasner said...

It's always fun to see your two furry comedians!! We have begun a discussion on what kind of dog we might adopt.. when Dayle is up to it.. and he's not yet. But we are thinking of a doodle of the size that Buddy was. I like a lap dog and so does Dayle. We've thought of a young rescue but I was so happy with how Buddy bonded with us by getting him as a puppy.. anyway.. talks are under way. I love young man's glasses.. and so happy he has a nice friend. Give him a hug for me. I miss you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Karen said...

Meredith, it's always good to hear from you, and I love the updates. No worries about not visiting, you certainly have your hands full! I hope you continue to feel better. Happy adoption days to the fur babies.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Hard to believe the furry boys have been with you for a year already. Time really does fly!
Buddy looks dashing in his new glasses!
Hope you're feeling better, I've been sick three times since September, (for 2-3 weeks at time!) it's the pits!

Anita said...

I hope your health improves soon my love. I know here in Australia there is a difficulty for people to kick the cold or fly as it seems to really be hanging around for weeks. Touch wood, I have been lucky and not had it but it certainly stays around. Friendship is an amazing thing and how gorgeous that Buddy and his friend still see each other even though they are in different classes. I know what a big thing that is as I work in a school myself. I forgot to mention how much I love your grey brickwork you have in your photos!!! I really love it. Have a beautiful week and I hope you get some free time for yourself soon. xx

Jodiebodie said...

When you said Buddy's bus driver was now an amputee,at first I didn't realise you were talking about a *toy* bus! My immediate thoughts went to a schoolbus driver until I realised Hank and Bear were involved! hehehe

Sorry that your flu thing is still lingering. Four weeks is a long time. Many people will have run out of patience with it after that length of time but what can one do besides plod along with what you need to do? Take it easy, won't you.

Re. blog visiting: no rush, Meredith. We'll see you when we see you!
Get well soon xx

Chy said...

Hope you feel well soon! We're healthy here so far. Love your pups smiles! And little buddy too!! X Chy

Anonymous said...

Meredith, I’m sorry to hear that you’re still not feeling well. No worries on catching up on blogs, just take good care of yourself and get some rest. I love the pictures of all of your boys. I can’t believe you’ve had those two for a year already! Where does time go? Your fireplace is looking lovely. And as always, your handsome young man is growing up to fast. I hope you’re getting some relaxation in this weekend my friend. Blessings, Betsy

linda said...

I can't believe it's a year since you adopted those cute dogs they look as if they are smiling all the time, I love the colour of LB new frames he's looking so grown up now. I looked up that cardigan Meredith it looks like just the thing I like to wear, I'm putting it on my to do list and if I ever finish these sweaters I'm making I'll give it try. Your fireplace looks lovely I miss mine this new house of mine doesn't have one. Have a great week. xx

My Creative Life said...

Arh lovely photos Meredith. I do hope you feel better soon, life's always harder when you aren't fully well. I'm glad you still liked your cardigan after making it up, that's one thing many people complain about - sewing up but never wearing it. Take care Cathy x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Indeed, it is a very, very good thing to have a friend. You should never feel guilty, Meredith. We all have lives to live and stuff to do, some more than others, and you certainly have a lot on your plate a lot of the time. Sorry to hear that you are still trying to get rid of that bug. I hope you are eating right and at least trying to get some rest when you can. I can't believe it's already been a year since you got those fur boys. I had to reread the sentence about the bus driver a couple of times because at first I was thinking you were talking about an actual real life bus driver. I'm glad it was just a toy amputee. :) My Zack was always needing to have his glasses replaced because of breakage. All the turmoil and changes coming from the WH are distressing on so many levels. You take care of yourself. Cuddle all your boys. xoxoxox Tammy

CJ said...

Dear puppies, I can't believe it's been a year already. Bertie dug me a nice big hole in the garden this week, and destroyed a sock or two. Sigh. Lovely photos of Little Buddy, the one with his bestie and also the last one, walking into the sunshine, wonderful. I hope he's still enjoying soccer, and I hope you both have a restful Sunday. CJ xx

Jo said...

Wishing you well Meredith. Hope you get your energy back soon. Jo xxx

Araignee said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are still under the weather. It must be hard keeping up with all that you have to do.
Those pups are just the cutest things. Buddy must love being the big brother to those two scamps!

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this but that is the longest living bug I've ever had.
the entire month of November and then I felt a little better … just to get it again after Christmas in time for New Year. am only just now out of the woods I think.
and I could REST! and you can't. and rest is absolutely what you need. try not to push it dear Mere. and I know it's pointless to say that with your job!
is the little adorable cheesy grin on Hank before or after they tried to dig their way out? LOL! and that Little Buddy and his best friend... and walking off into the sunset. they make movies of such things. I never tire of your pictures! take care darling bean. XOXO

Nance said...

What a happy and busy post! Glad you're making another cardigan; the first one looked so great on you and seemed like such a perfect separate for anyone's wardrobe.

Dee said...

Hank's smile is precious!!!

Looks like Little Buddy and his friend have had a busy soccer day!

kathy b said...

mere

Love the dogs ! One year. No way
As for you wearing something you made.....now that thrills me!
LIl B and his friend are a joy to behold.
Wishing you some quiet and rejuvinating rest. Stop laughing it COULD happen.

Babajeza said...

Get better soon! And take care yourself. Hugs, Regula

mamasmercantile said...

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well, sending you a hug and hoping you will feel better soon. So nice to have a friend with the same interests, how Little Buddy is growing. Those furry boys of yours are such fun with their mischief, how times flies it doesn't seem that long since you introduced the to us.

karen said...

you shouldn't worry about visiting blogs while you are ill and getting into the swing of things. Buddy is adorable and it's nice he has a friend that he can still see even if they aren't in class together. Sweet! Glasses are so expensive anymore! I replaced my lenses before the one year warrantee because of a scratch only to drop them two weeks after the expiration on tile flooring....boo.

Lee said...

Hi lovely photos as always.Hope you are soon better.I was ill most of December but ok now.Huggles to all.xxxx

Caffeine Girl said...

I swear that Hank is a person in a dog's body. His face really looks human!
No need for apologies! I've been AWOL, too. Work has been hellish, something I don't want to advertise on my blog, but I can't believe my employer will find it in my comments!
I'm so glad that LB has a real friend. Sometimes our very special students can't find even one person they click with. And having a friend makes all the difference. It's especially nice that LB's friend also uses a walker!
Take care of yourself. That's a long time to have a cold!

DelightedHands said...

Just look at those fur babies!!! Hard not to smile right back at them, adventure seeking and all!
Lil Buddy looks tired but having a friend says it all-so happy for him!
Hang in there and know that wearing that sweater is like a hug whenever you need one! Take care....

Willow said...

Well, you've been better at keeping up in blogland than I have been even though you are so busy.
I love all those photos of Little Buddy. He is obviously thriving even with colds and flu fluttering around all over the place.
I hope you recover completely very soon and can get back to knitting, crocheting and weaving.

Jo said...

Awww, that fourth photo of Bear and Hank, those sweet little faces, and then the photo of Little Buddy and his best friend, it's enough to make your heart swell. I do hope you're on the road to recovery now, life is hard enough without feeling unwell too.

Between Me and You said...

That last pic pulled at my heartstrings! The doggy ones make me laugh so win-win when I come here to 'visit' you, Mer. I absolutely love the new fireplace. So modern and fresh looking. I have to pay a lot for my lenses too because of my strong prescription but I also get the lenses slimmed down to the thinnest they can go so I have a wider choice of frames. Have you got that facility for the little one's specs?I love his new ones though. They really suit him and I'd lay on hot coals for those eyelashes!!!

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

We are all pretty forgiving here is blogland, aren't we? I hope so, because I sometimes go missing for 2 or 3 months at a time!

Those glasses look wonderful on Little Buddy, and how wonderful it is to have a friend!

I just love that last shot of the pups, they look so proud of themselves!

Have a great week,
Andrea

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope you feel better soon.
Lovely pictures you've shared.

All the best Jan

Melanie said...

Don't worry about visiting our blogs, you just need to rest and get better! I'm not surprised you've been plagued with a virus for so long...you work a lot of hours and have so much going on at home. And then you're exposed to kids all the time and they always seem to have some kind of virus that is easily picked up.

In that one picture of your dogs where they are both looking at the camera, I swear that Hank is smiling!

Hope you are feeling better and stronger day by day.

Danette Bartelmay said...

What a beautiful post Meredith...
I love your fur babies! They are so gorgeous!!! I bet Little Buddy has so much fun with them.
That picture of him with his best friend is priceless and the one of him from the back simply melts my heart. I hope you are feeling well my friend. I got sick just after Christmas and have really struggled to get well also. Winter is hard. Stay healthy and happy dear one.
With much love,
Danette

Una said...

You achieve so much, even when you aren't feeling well. Very impressive. Take it easy and you will soon be firing on all cylinders.

Judy S. said...

Happy New Year, Mere! It was fun to ready your post, and I loved the photos of LB and the dogs. So glad to hear LB has a good friend in soccer. Hope by now that you are feeling lots better. Nice work on the sweater, too!