Sunday, March 31, 2019

A late March finish and the freckles are back.....................


It was my goal to get this baby blanket done a long time ago.  But when things were not working my way, I thought at least I could get it done by the end of March.  Well my friends I squeaked it in.  I spent hours working on it yesterday at appointments for my oldest.  I waited out in the waiting room and crocheted away with my audio book on.  Then today as soon as I was done running errands and Little B was out with his Dad I sat my behind down and got to work again listening to my book.  And yes, it is warm enough for shorts here.  


Bear wanted to help. 


Hank did, too!



Actually they helped a little too much!


Then I convinced this little one to go into the pool so I could sit near him and finish the last two rows.  It worked.  And I got to see his beautiful face popping in and out of the water and hear all his silly talking.  Look my friends, his freckles are back!  Between those freckles and eye lashes he has it made.  I swear I could eat him up!  I actually try but then he informs me he is not food!


So here it is finished but not blocked.  Hooray I am done!  Again I used Berroco Modern cotton to make this blanket.  Three skeins of #1623 Tilverton and two of #1629 Brickley.  Approximately 1,000 yards of yarn was used and a size I hook.   Again it is your basic 14 stitch ripple found anywhere you look on the internet.  I started baby blanket #1 on January 11, so lets just say I am thrilled to be able to concentrate on something else.  But they are easy and don't require a lot of brain power to make so that has been a bonus these past busy months.


Here they are all together before I start to pack them up and ship them out.  I am so happy to be done.



And just for fun these beauties are blooming in my front yard.  They are probably in most front yards in Florida because they are very durable little flowers.  Thanks for coming to visit wee little Irises.

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

24 comments:

Melanie said...

LB is so cute, but now with those freckles he's even more adorable! Your blanket is beautiful...love the purple and gray combination.

Dee said...

I know about a million women who would KILL to have eyelashes like Little Buddy! (He is such a cutie pie.)

Hank and Bear make me smile too!

bittenbyknittin said...

Shorts! Swimming pool! Flowers! Last night it snowed here. :-(

Nice blanket, cool freckles! My granddaughter has LOTS of freckles - so cute!

kathy b said...

Amazing eyelashes ! Wonderful smile and I 'd eat him up too. He's not food...hahaha.
The blanket is lovely Meredith. THank you for the flowers. IT is still rather brown here. But the snow is gone!

Needles and Wool said...

It looks like such a warm summer day! Makes me look forward to warmer temperatures here too in Canada. I love the finished blanket! It looks great. Buddy has cute freckles and looks like he is so happy to be enjoying the pool. Your puppies look adorable!

Clicky Needles said...

What a good ploy to get those last few rows done! Blankets looking good. CNx

Teresa Kasner said...

BRAVO on finishing 3 baby ripple blankets in such a short time.. you're a crochet super hero. Your fur boys are so handsome.. I'm happy you got both of them as they seem to love being together. And look at that darling little swimmer with freckles having fun while you crochet. Happy life this weekend for you. I do hope it's nothing serious with your eldest. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Araignee said...

I always wanted freckles. I think they are just the cutest thing in the world.

Anonymous said...

I would eat him up too. I love freckles and his are wonderful. Those fur boys are the cutest. They obviously love you. Meredith, those blankets are amazing. I just know they will be appreciated and we’ll loved.
Thanks for the advice on my last post. I don’t think it’s scar tissue, but maybe these tests will show something. I hope you have a wonderful week and don’t stretch yourself too thin.
Blessings,
Betsy

Christina said...

He is a charmer, Little Buddy is! Those freckles are fun and I can well imagine that you want to eat him up.
Glad you managed to finish the baby blanket, it is very pretty. Have a good week. xx

mamasmercantile said...

We finally had a little sun yesterday but sadly we are back to rain again today. LB always makes me smile, I could eat him too. Those eyelashes are a delight and a freckle a joy. Love those blankets, such a great gift made with love.

gaia said...

Little Buddy is so adorable!

CJ said...

What a gorgeous photo of your little freckled man. The blanket is lovely, I really like the stitch definition you get with cotton. No doubt the blankets will be treasured, they are such perfect gifts. A little warm sunshine here too, and some of the hardier chaps are in shorts. I am still in leggings, boots and a thick coat. CJ xx

Nance said...

What a collection of beautiful blankets! You chose colours well.

When I was younger, I always wished I had freckles. It was only on a trip to Florida that I got them--one time!

I'm envious of your weather: we got a sudden snowfall on Friday, and it is still here today. Sick sick SICK of Winter!

Vera said...

Wonderful finish! Beautiful blanket. Little Buddy is the BEST!!!!

DelightedHands said...

Oh, what a beautiful and well-deserved hour of refuge for you!
The blankets are so sweet-well done!!!

My irises are out , too-so lovely!

Jo said...

What a great way to get the last few rows in. I do that sometimes by inticing the children into the bath and then crocheting on the toilet. Jo x

Anonymous said...

oh good grief!!!
those eyelashes and freckles and smile indeed.
and he always looks so cool and fresh and clean!
some guys just do. and he does.
and your blankets are beautiful!
especially to people like me who can/couldn't
crochet their way out of a paper bag. is that a saying?
I don't know. but it's true. special hugs to the furry helpers! LOL! XOXO

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Congrats on finishing the blankets. They sure are pretty. I always had a smattering of freckles across my face when I was little. :) We got into the high 80s today. So not looking forward to summer temps around here.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Oh my how I've missed that precious boys smile...freckles eyelashes and all! And those adorable pups! I've learned one should never get so caught up in ones troubles that you forget to take time for the good things in your life. Reading your blog is one of those good things and I'm just now getting caught up with what you've got going on again. Love your ripple too!

Sandy said...

Flowers, shorts, and swimming pools.........wow. I'm pretty excited that we finally have a wee bit of color with our yellow daffodils blooming, but we're not yet past the danger of frost at night. The freckles are so cute. YIPPEE for you getting your ghan done. Love the color combination.

Jodiebodie said...

Yay for finishing those blankets! Good job and another load off. Your irises look lovely. Flowers always inspire me with their colours and shapes. Are those ones native to your area?

Gracie Saylor said...

Beautiful blankets, and fur boys, and flowers, and that is a perfect photo of Little Buddy. Thanks for sharing, Mere. xx

My Creative Life said...

Love your blanket Meredith, well done on finishing. It feels so good to have finished something. Beautiful Iris flower, such colours. I know what you mean about eating gorgeous-ness. My friend had a new puppy a few years ago and I said - oh I could put you in my cooking pot. She was horrified. I assured her I wouldn't really eat her beloved pet, I just thought she was so gorgeous, lol Cx