Sunday, October 27, 2019

Look who is two, pumpkin patch and a lot to catch up on.......................


Look who is two?  These darling boys had a birthday yesterday they are now two!  Of course you would not know that by their energy levels or ability to listen.  They still act like crazy puppies, I am sure it is because there is two of them to feed off each other.  They are such a delight, well most of the time anyway.


We finally made it to the pumpkin patch yesterday and this is the best photo I could get.  For some reason a little boy who will not be named could not open his eyes.  The sun was not in back of me making it hard to see, it was just an eight year old not cooperating.  You can see he recently lost another tooth. 

We have started this little one on medication for his inability to focus and it has been very hard on him.  That and his regular Botox shots for his legs last week have left both of us pretty exhausted.  This medication is not going to work, he is struggling too much and so that means we all are also.  So we will start weaning him off of it and try plan B.  

Last weekend was all about taking care of Little Buddy as he recovered from the shots and the meds he has to take to keep them as pain free as possible.  And just as I was going to post even a brief blog post our internet stopped working as the lovely man we hired to fix our sprinklers cut the line to the house.  So that took a few days to fix which is not easy in this house or any other I imagine.  With work to be done and of course blog reading it is hard to not have your computer working.



No internet means more time for creating.  Although this scarf has been my car project and really has nothing to do with all that tech stuff.  I always have a project in my car for times I get to work a bit early, times a patient cancels and I have an hour to fill, and so on.  This yarn has been in my stash for a year.  I bought it to create a striped scarf and here it is.  Made with Berroco Corsica yarn and US size 7 needles.  I made this in the round using two skeins of each color, changing colors every two rows.  It was a fun project and now I am glad it is done.  The yarn is very soft, a cotton cashmere blend, 600 yards of yarn used in all.  I think this will be for me as some of the joins where you switch needles are not the smoothest.



Yesterday I finished Falling Blossoms Shawl number 4.   I know you are probably super sick of this pattern and while I am looking forward to making something else I still really love making these.  This is for Little Buddy's babysitter for Christmas.  She loves Blues and purple so I though this yarn from stash was perfect.    My husband bought me this yarn for Christmas a few years back to make a shawl with progressively changing colors.  I did not like the pattern it came with and really was not terribly fond of the yarn.  Still I think it made a beautiful shawl and I hope she likes it.  Made with Mountain Colors Hand Painted Yarn Twizzle, in the colors Harmony Iris and Harmony Iris medium.  I used a size I hook and about 480 yards of yarn to make this shawl.  I have one skein left which I think I will use to make a scarf or two for extra presents. 



I did have time last week to pop by my local yarn shop as I had two kids get sick and I was in the area.  I bought this lovely yarn while I was there.  I still had some gift certificate money left over from a Christmas present so I thought I would give myself a treat.  I used all the other gift certificate money to make baby blankets for gifts so this is just for me!


I have to leave you with this photo.  Somebody has been taking about a hundred pictures on his iPad which in turn go onto my account.  Even though he has been told not to.............  I wonder who it is?  I could show you the 500 other photos of my ceiling but that would bore you to tears.

Have a great week.

25 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Beautiful puppers, handsome Buddy, lovely finished projects, and fabulous new yarn!

Una said...

Those dogs definitely love each other. I'm so glad you rescued both of them. That mention of 500 photos of the ceiling made me laugh. Well done, Buddy. You can't have enough photos of a ceiling!

Araignee said...

The fuzz brothers are adorable as always!
Sorry to hear of Buddy's struggles with his meds. Poor little guy.
Your projects are spectacular. That striped scarf is pure perfection!

busybusybeejay said...

I can't believe the dogs are two.Super Buddy.I hope you have great ceilings.Mine would show cobwebs I'm sure!!!

Karen said...

Those two at the top of the page are just too cute. So is the boy in the pumpkin patch;) I love, love the colors in your new yarn. Can't wait to see what you do with it. The striped scarf is lovely. I'm so impressed that you changed color every two rows and don't have a million ends to tuck in!

CJ said...

The 500 hundred photos of the ceiling made me laugh. But oh dear, caught red handed. Those pups are so adorable, two already. I am just looking at your sidebar and the post about Bear joining you. Dear little fluffball, how he has grown. I love the striped scarf. I am thinking of frogging a scarf I've been working on and getting some yarn to turn it into a striped thing. Having seen yours, I think I shall do it. It's brilliant, and the shawl is lovely too. Hope you have a good week. I was going to say Sunday, then I realised we've had Sunday. Sigh. The children are off school and I am all confusion here. CJ xx

DelightedHands said...

My, your scarf is beyond amazing!!! The shawls are never boring-the yarns make each one unique and beautiful!
I laughed so hard at the last photo and explanation! I loved to go through the boys IPad pics and most were the same thing-floors, ceilings, elbows and eyes!
lol

Judy S. said...

Are you sure it's been two years? How can time go by so quickly? Love that stripped scarf; it's beautiful. And that blue/purple shawl is, too. Hope the docs can get LB's meds figured out soon, for his sake and yours! Have a good week.

Kim in Oregon said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy to find yours too!

Dee said...

Happy birthday to your two fur-boys! I hope Little Buddy is feeling better soon and that you find something that helps.

Hugs from way up north.

Betsy said...

Meredith, that scarf is beautiful. So classic and will work with everything. Does it get cold enough for you to wear it in Florida? :-) . The fur boys looks so sweet together, but you can just see the mischievious smiles in their eyes.
Your poor little guy. I get my botox injections on Tuesday and I can sure sympathize with him. I'm sorry the other med didn't do what it was supposed to. That's always so disappointing and extra hard one little ones. I'm glad he enjoyed the pumpkin patch, even with closed eyes.
I can't imagine the emotions and hard work you go through in your job my friend. My sister is a vounteer "baby rocker" at the NICU. She has always been interested in it and volunteers in the church nursery every week for the last 30 years! She rarely misses a Sunday of rocking her little ones. Since her husband passed last summer, she goes several nights a week after work to the hospital and rocks the babies who are born addicted. Her heart just breaks for some of them. The struggles these little ones will face is just so heart wrenching. Another couple we know are fostering a baby that is still withdrawing. Some nights this little angel girl just cries and trembles all night long.
I feel priviledged to know all of you who work with these little ones who need so much love and care. I just wanted to tell you that Meredith. You are an angel. Thank you.
I'm praying for you to have a calm and uneventful week with some time for yourself.
Blessings,
Betsy

kathy b said...

So much happy news in this post. Medication trial and error is rough. Im praying the right med comes along. You are so right to keep trying new meds until one works. As one with other medical issues, I know that this is key to my health.
The pups are so dang cute.
The boy with the camera is sparking an idea in me and i want to see if I can help him use his EYE to see things we don't . Photos from a boy with a camera and some crutches. Hmmmmmm.
Your shawl is amazing and your cowls is perfection!!!!

Hugs to all and to YOU Dear Mere!

Anonymous said...

the fact that you have any time or energy to make anything is incredible to me. and your work is so beautifully done. if there are any flaws you are the only one to see them!
and as priceless as ever... two laughing and beyond adorable puppies celebrating Halloween and their birthdays! LOL!
and Little Buddy. what is to say? his sheer courage in daily living and the joy he finds in the smallest things... these are what I aspire to always. and I'm 74 years old! you are BOTH an inspiration. XO

Nance said...

Every time I see a photo of your dogs, I laugh and laugh. They are just so chipper and cheerful when they smile for the camera.

Your son's freckles are beyond charming. Even with eyes closed!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Well, your post had me smiling at the start and laughing at the end. Those furboys and Little B sure keep you on your toes. I have friends who will not cooperate for photos. And my boys always groan if they have to say cheese. :) Yay for using up your stash. The scarf and shawl are both lovely. Have a good week.

Christina said...

Two years old already? How did that happen, they were only just cute little puppies! They are still cute of course. I am regularly deleting photos of ceilings or the inside of pockets etc... boys! I am so glad you spent your Christmas vouchers for yarn that is just for yourself. It is very pretty and I am looking forward to finding out what you make x

Teresa Kasner said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your fur kids! It's neat that we all get to share them when you post about them. They're quite something. Our little girl was happy to see us after we were gone for 5 days. Your friend who gets that shawl will love it. The striped one will be very warm during the winter for you. I hope things mellow out for your little guy.. I don't like it when young ones are having a tough time.

BooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo
*H*A*P*P*Y* *H*A*L*L*O*W*E*E*N*!*
BooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Anonymous said...

Little Buddy looks so cute sitting in the pumpkin patch. He must be excited fro Halloween.
Marilyn

Melanie said...

Happy birthday to the doggies! So sorry to hear about LB and his painful struggles...of course that's exhausting for both of you. His cute antics sure do make me smile though (the photos). Love your scarf and shawl - both so beautiful.

Jo said...

Good to catch up. I love that stripy scarf and I think it is very you, I often see you in neutrals. I hope the meds settle down soon. Jo xxx

karen said...

gosh i remember when they were pups! Happy birthday to your pets and I love the selfies that you are being photo bombed with. How sweet and cute!!

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Oh dear. We used to take umpteen photos of the pets when we were kids. It became very expensive. Your yarn and shawls are gorgeous! It looks to me like Buddy's eyelids feel heavy, and that he can't open his eyes. Hope you get the meds sorted out. Happy Birthday to the doggies!!!

Gracie Saylor said...

Happy Birthday, Boys!! They do prompt me to chuckle...thanks for sharing them with us, Mere. In the midst of your day to day struggles with Little Buddy's health challenges, your creative stitching output amazes me. You would put that gorgeous scarf to use here this week since our temps have been so cold. I'm glad you plan to enjoy it. I like the self-portrait of the mystery boy and continue to pray for blessings for you and yours. xxxxxxx

Jodiebodie said...

Oh I'm so glad to see a part from you today. I had been checking because I look forward to your regular updates to no avail. So sorry you lost your internet - so essential nowadays when everything assumes connectivity.
I never tire of your Falling Blossoms shawl. Each version of yours that I see looks fresh and new because of the different yarns and colours. A beautiful pattern is a beautiful pattern.
Is that a tassel finishing the ends of your striped scarf?(pardon my poor eyesight if I didn't interpret your photo properly) it looks cute and gives it extra personality.
Have fun wrangling those three other 'personalities' spotted cekebrating a 2nd birthday and photobombing your computer!
:-)

Sandy said...

I love the tube style scarf, it's a nice way to make something even warmer. I'm sure the joins/color change are fine; but we all see things in our work. Sorry Buddy has had trouble with the meds, no doubt there are others, and it's not an exact science for sure, cause people are all different. Hope plan B works for him, as well as you and fam. The sparkly blue/purple will make a nice gift for sure. You've been busy finishing things, and I've been busy starting things.......startitis has been bad in me of late, lol.