Friday, January 2, 2009

Yarn Diet


Have you ever been on a yarn Diet? I think it may be the hardest diet of all. I can go without certain foods, and alcohol, but yarn? I think chocolate is easy, but yarn is a different story.


Just before Christmas I went to the yarn store for grey buttons. Grey button for the cardigan I was finishing. I came back with buttons and three skeins of yarn to make a vest. You see even though I have a huge yarn stash, the beautiful Noro yarn screamed at me. It was as if it were talking to me. After the beautiful grey of the cardigan, I needed some color.


Okay, I can live with that purchase as a vest will be a very quick. So I decided that after the vest no more yarn until I knit from my stash. Then today I caved. Yes it is the second day of the New Year and I admit I fell hard. Not even for really expensive yarn, just some bamboo from JoAnn's. I blame it on the vest. I had to go to JoAnn's for buttons and then of course had to walk by the yarn. Wait a minute, I think I can blame this on the buttons. If it weren't for buttons I wouldn't be anywhere near new yarn!


Okay, I am now on a yarn diet.
Let's see how long this lasts.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Mere,

Your blog is great!! How fantastic to see that you are now blogging....I'm so happy. I've been on a yarn diet for a while, but may succumb to more yarn while I'm here. I'm working on the Noro shawl, and have some Noro to make another one. It just hasn't arrived yet..where are my boxes?