Monday, June 7, 2010

Blog? What Blog?

It seems to me that I have a blog that I haven't written in in weeks. Life, as usual has kept me way to busy. As many of you know my Mother was ill and in the hospital for a few days. I have been helping over at my parents place as much as I can. She is doing better but we are all still so concerned. She is tired and weak all the time. At the same time my son was ill. We thought it was Mono but instead it was a virus that acts like Mono. He is the avid swimmer so it was really hard for him to miss swimming and rest. This is not the time of year to miss practice as swimmers must swim hard everyday to do well in just a couple of meets a year. Now I am trying to get him through finals which isn't an easy task. I have been stressed and a bit fried. So I bought myself a new toy. If you read my sister Claudia's blog you know I bought her one too. Here is my new Nook from Barnes and Noble. I have to say I love to read and I never thought I would ever like an electronic reader. When my nephew and his wife were visiting I checked out their Kindle and I really liked it. After much research I thought that the Nook would be better for me. The main reason is that if something goes wrong all I do is take it to Barnes and Noble and they can help. A Kindle has to be sent back. I can also lend books to others who own the Nook. The Kindle does not have that capability yet. I knew Claudia would have fun with it. There are many, many books you can download for free, lots of classics, so I love that, too. It also feels like you are holding a book so I also like that. And the best part is I can have 1500 books at my disposal at anytime, so when I travel I will always have a big library and only one Nook! Actually I am a bit in love with the Nook, can you tell? It has been a great way to lose myself these last few weeks.
This is on my Nook cover. I totally agree!

In my spare time I have been knitting. I finished my peacock feather shawl. It is a bit narrow but still really beautiful. I love the colors and the silk yarn is so soft. I really enjoyed the lace pattern and the 16 row repeat was perfect for my limited lace knitting ability. It is light weight and just so yummy. I am starting on a Debbie Bliss sweater with yarn I have had a million years. I will post about that another day.



Of course no post would be complete without a lovely picture of Max out by the pool. He waits there every morning to bark at the pool jets when they come on. He does a great job protecting us from that horrible pool.


For those blogs I have missed reading and commenting on in the past few weeks I am sorry. You have all been in my heart I have just been too busy to do much at the computer.

Have a wonderful day.




4 comments:

tina said...

Hang in there! It sounds like your life is taking a turn for caretaking. Please do try to do nice things for yourself! LOVE the look of your gorgeous peacock feather shawl, yum! And, laughing about Max guarding you from the evil pool!

Claudia said...

I was going to email you about the post title spelling but you took care of it!

Finished Anne of Green Gables and am now on Anne of Avonlea. Love my Nook!

Your shawl is just plain gorgeous.

xo
Claudia

Rose Red said...

Hope your mum is doing ok, don't forget to look after yourself too. Your lace looks fantastic!

Beth said...

I know what you mean re: keeping up with a blog.
Beautiful lace! And now I'm curious to see the Debbie Bliss sweaters. Her patterns are so pretty.
Hope your Mom and son are on the mend. Sending positive energy to all of you.
hugs, Beth