Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Little This and That

First I'd like to thank you all for your insightful comments on my Blogging post.  I just wanted to make myself clear that I was not asking for more comments, just stating that I think it a bit odd when people don't comment back on your blog after you have repeatedly commented on theirs.  I think a simple, "Hello, or thanks for you comments," shouldn't take up too much time.  I don't think you have to comment on every post your friends write, no one has that much time, and I really appreciate all of you and the time you take to visit me on this little blog.  I loved reading your comments, bloggers are an amazing group, kind and so full of wisdom.

 We haven't had a picture of Max lately, and by the looks of the photo above he was not having any part of the camera.  He is sensitive to the paparazzi,  so I had to be patient and take probably another 20 pictures before he would look at me.  And by the look he is giving me in this picture he was not that happy with my camera wielding behavior.
 Max has a bad right hip.  When he was a puppy I could tell by his walk that his pelvis wasn't bearing weight evenly.  He wiggled a bit too much on one side.  Sure enough hip dysplagia was the diagnosis.  We watch him carefully and give him pain medicine when needed.  His hip is bothering him again after playing a little ball in the backyard with my husband, it troubles him to get up and down.  He actually slept by my feet last night on the bed, so he must have been hurting.  Even dogs need their Mom's when they are not feeling great.

 This week has been all about gardening and I am paying the price today with a sore neck and back.  I tamed the front of my house and planted marigolds and petunias in a boarder.  The marigolds are to keep the deer away, well today's photo should just be of the marigolds because the deer ate all my petunia's last night and left the marigolds alone.
 The back of the house has been cut back, weeded, weeded again, planted with annuals that are not showing up in this photo for some reason.  28 bags of stones have been added, (notice sore back above). 

 The azalea's are in full bloom, such an amazing color.

 Look at this sweet iris, such a soft color.

 A basket full of beautiful cotton yarn to make more crochet flower scarves for the Etsy shop.

Love this latest flower version I came up with while watching American Idol this week.  I'm not sure if you are watching this year or not, but I think the singers that have been picked are pretty talented.  Some years you just can't believe that some of those people made it in, but this year even if I don't like someones voice I can see why others like it.

So how was your week?  Did you get a lot done?  What are your plans for the weekend?  Hope you find some time for yourself.

20 comments:

kathy b said...

THat is a ton of stones ...wow no wonder you are sore....take two aspirin and call me!

LOve the look of the newly tended yard/garden. We are months from green grass and spring around Chicago....so I love seeing it arrived in other parts of the world.


the weekend means the workend for me. So i am off to nap before night shift now. I had a few brief periods to myself this week and they were wonderful

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

What a fabulous Max! Can I have him?

S
xo

Rizzi said...

YOUR GARDENS ARE BEAUTIFUL MEREDITH..
THERE ARE SPRING FLOWERS STARTING TO PUSH THROUGH THE GROUND....WHEN I SEE THAT I GET REAL EXCITED......MAX IS SO ADORABLE.....WE HAVE A 120 LB GERMAN SHEPHERD WHO WE ALL ADORE.....SO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT MAX....WINTER RAIN IS GLOOMY....BUT I MUST SAY I LOVE THE RAIN MOST WHEN I AM DOWN THE SHORE ON THE BEACH.....GETTING WET FROM THE COOL RAIN FEELS SO GOOD....
OUR TWINS ARE TURNING 12 YEARS OLD ON THE 7TH....SO WE ARE ALL GETTING READY TO GO OUT TO DINNER. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND....RIZZI

Petunia Pill said...

You're an AI girl too? Yaaaay! I agree...lots of great talent this year! I actually feel like America got it right when they narrowed the field this week. Although, I was very glad that the wild card positions were there to be filled because the girl (I don't know names yet) that they brought back in the wild cards should NEVER have been eliminated by voting! Makes me wonder why she didn't connect with everyone...her voice is amazing. I think there is one gentleman that needs to go in this first week...my hint as to his identity is that he was the one jumping up and down like an idiot as they were signing off this past week. There's something a little odd there. I think he thinks he's funny...and he's oh so NOT! Hugs, Me.

Petunia Pill said...

P.S. I was reading your last blog post and all the comments (I actually missed seeing it before now) and you sold the shawl? How amazing does that feel? I'm so jealous that you're selling your stuff! Good for you!

Teresa Kasner said...

Meredith, I agree totally on your feelings that bloggers need to reciprocate in the comment department. Sometimes I even invite people to visit my blog in my comments when I'd like to see them pop over. :-)

Love your sweet fur kid. We love ours so much too. I have to finish a newsletter today, I'm about a week late on finishing.. :-) Then to our son's house tomorrow.

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Unknown said...

Bless Max i was born with hip displasia to and i was 18 months old when they detected it. I have had 2 major hip ops since to re-a lign my hip and pin my hip bone back into place. I suffer now with a bad back and osteo arthritis so i can understand just how Max is feeling even though he is a dog hip pain is the worst. Your crochet flowers look lovely smashing colours. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, dee x

Between Me and You said...

Hi Meredith, your garden is looking lovely but naughty deer eating your pretty petunias!You can't win can you? Mindful of those stones when you cut your grass near the edges. Max is adorable - I hope he gets some relief from his sore hip soon. Can't wait to see your new scarves and well done on selling another shawl. Good Weekend to you too.

Grateful4Crochet said...

All your photos are so beautiful. Poor Max, I hope he feels better soon.

Habbie tot said...

That Lily is gorgeous, we're waiting for spring to arrive, signs are stirring, but not many flowers yet. The colours for your flower scarf are beautiful too, good luck with your shop!

Anonymous said...

I just planted sweet allysum and some of those African Irises. So far, the iris is really small.


From your comment ... where is Honeymoon Island? I don't think we've been there.

Petunia Pill said...

YES! Crazy Mom with girl...COMPLETELY agree! Who does that? America would NEVER tolerate that one!

Susanne Tyree said...

You sure have been busy whipping that yard into shape....in the meantime you are feeling whipped yourself. You and Max need a long restful break so you can both get around better later on. What a sweet dog, he looks so gentle. The flowers blooming in your yard are so darn pretty, I envy anyone who can look out their window and see lovely color, or walk out and admire their plants. The deer have been busy as well. They say if you take cut human hair and put it around the flower bed the deer will associate that with humans close by and that helps keep them from eating the flowers or garden produce....not sure though, I've never tried it.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Awww Max is a cutie! I love that look on his face. :)

Love your latest design.

Wishing you a lovely day. :)

Leah said...

Wow look at your garden! I am feeling very guilty now that I have neglected mine for a few weeks. Max is just adorable - look at that beautiful face.

Have a fab week hon.
Leah
x

Eileen said...

Your garden is gorgeous! You have given me Spring Fever. I can relate to Max and the camera, my Oreo is the same way. All I have to do is aim it at him and he slowly walks away. Too Funny! Love your new flower colors. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Meredith,
Love seeing your lovely gardens, it all looks so tidy and green and flowers, oh my!!!!
Max looks so sweet, hope he is feeling better soon. Love the cotton yarns and the pretty flowers....hope your sister and your shop is doing well and you are enjoying it.
Have a great week, xoRobin❤

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Meredith...I am a follower of your sisters. I am teaching myself to crochet again after years of not doing any. I have been following yours for a short while now too. You and your sister are quite talented! Your shawls are exquisite!~Hugs, Patti

Sue Pinner said...

They always know when there is a camera about don't they hehe..sorry to here about his hip..poor love
How annoying after all your work...a tasty petunia salad the ate...grrr!
Love the colour of the flower
Enjoy your week x

Red said...

My young cat is very aware of when I want to snap her photo and she will turn her head at just the right time. The other one, now that's a different story. I think she actually poses. LOL

Your yard is lovely. I've never had a green thumb, but I plan to try and change that now that we have moved. I have such a big yard with tons of places to make a garden spot.