Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy 2020!






Happy New Year everyone!  Hope you had a wonderful time whatever you did to enter in the new decade.  I did what I always do, my house was super clean and all the Christmas decorations were down.  We had clean sheets, towels and clothes to start the New Year off fresh.  I don't even want dust from the past year to follow me into the next year.  I was in bed early and asleep when the neighbors set off fireworks at midnight.  I turned up my white noise sound machine and fell back to sleep.  I don't want to wake up tired or cranky on the first day of the new year.  My oldest was out at a friends with his girlfriend, Mr 22 and his girl friend were in Indiana visiting her family.  Little Buddy was fast asleep so that was just perfect.  No need for a cranky sleep deprived little boy on January 1st. 

 Speaking of a cute little boy, Little Buddy and I went to the zoo to celebrate the brand new year.  He went on all of his usual rides and loved them, then he said he wanted to go on the roller coaster and I tried to change his mind.  He gets very nervous before the rides begin, even the carousel that we went on four times.  He covers his ears and looks a wee bit panicked.  There was no way I thought he could handle the roller coaster.  But he said he could so we gave it a try.  It is a kids coaster, not a grown up super fast amusement park ride, still it was fast, and turned in two complete circles and guess what, he loved it!  So we had to go on it again!  He is getting braver and braver my little one.  He was just so proud of himself as he should be. By the way we did visit lots of animals, too!






Today Mr 22 and his long time girlfriend made it home from Indiana and packed up and headed back to Orlando.  They will be missed.  I have enjoyed my time with them and even enjoyed Ms Luna who ate my rug, pooped on my carpet, pooped outside on my lanai, peed on my floor, and peed on my bed and Little Buddy's!  Still she is not even one yet and she was definitely setting this house as her turf.  The boys are now exhausted.  Hank has been playing with her nonstop and Bear has been watching and reprimanding her all day long.  They have their roles as uncles and they take them seriously!  By the way my Christmas cactus's were incredible this year.  They bloomed just in time for the holiday.  



Did any of you play this game when you were younger?  I played it with my sister who I assume inherited it from my sister Claudia.  I loved, loved, loved it.  I found this at Home Goods and had to buy it.  I played it with two young teenagers I work with on Tuesday and we had so much fun.  Turning the door nob to see if you had the right date to match you cards was a hoot.  I kept getting the, "dud" and had to turn in all my matching outfit cards.  We had a great time.


I am not going to get all nostalgic about last year, it was tough in many ways and wonderful in others.  I did complete 16 projects and used 11,385 yards of yarn.  That is at least something!  I am not going to have a big review because it is time to move forward.  No words to base my year on, or even specific goals to try.  I am just going to try to do my best because really what else is there?  Be kind to others, be kind to myself, be as healthy as possible, rest when possible, help as many people as I can and just do my best.  Simple, simple, simple.

Happy New Year my friends.

29 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Between Me and You said...

Happy New Year to You and Yours, Meredith.xx

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Happy New Year! Your cacti are amazing!

TheAwakenedSoul said...

What a wonderful post. You made me laugh so hard, describing your dog visitor. You certainly are patient and understanding. It's funny how the other dogs will discipline a dog that way. My German Shepherd used to bark and reprimand other dogs on our street that were running loose. It was so funny. It was as if she was yelling at them, "Get back in your yard!" I NEVER let mine out off of a leash, and she had the rules memorized. Good for Buddy on the roller coaster. I love how he is at the front of the train...

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I loved that game 😀 Happy New Year !

Dee said...

That last photo melts my heart.

A big high-five to Little Buddy for taking on the coaster.

Betsy said...

Just look at that big boy! He's just growing too fast. I can't believe he went on the roller coaster on his own. I'm ridiculously proud of him. I just haven't had the energy to do a lot of extra cleaning like you did. It's all I can do to keep up with my normal cleaning. I do have my inside decorations all put away and I took the outside lights down today. My cardiologists nurse called just before five tonight, (I had to do my quarterly pacemaker download today). Apparently he didn't like the way my heart is beating and increased my meds AGAIN! I knew I haven't felt well for awhile but was trying to ignore it. Then my primary care doctors nurse called at 5:15 to tell me I need to repeat some blood work tomorrow because they didn't like some of the numbers in my last test. This is NOT the way I wanted to start the year, especially with Dennis in Nebraska and being here alone. Oh well. It is what it is and I'll deal with it.
I loved seeing the doggy photos but sorry to hear that you had extra work. The boys look exhausted!
I'm wishing you a wonderful and calm year in 2020. I am also hoping you have more time for yourself, to craft, relax and just be you. I'm so glad I know you Meredith. You are an inspiration to me.
Blessings,
Betsy

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Love seeing a happy boy on an adventure. Happy New Year Meredith.
Hugs.
Joy

Teresa Kasner said...

Goodness.. I'm impressed and jealous of your pink xmas cactus! I get a few blooms at once.. not that amazing display like yours! Florida is good for plants! You're such a good mom to take your big boy to the zoo.. sounds like the ride was pretty cool. Here's to 2020 when we hopefully will return our g'ment to a positive place. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You know, Meredith, life should be simple ... but some people and the system just want to make things so hard. :/ Your cactus is absolutely gorgeous. My goodness! I don't think I've ever seen one that big before. I did not get all my cleaning done before the calendar change, but I'm working on doing a little something each and every day. I think I do better with small goals. Glad to hear that Little B is getting braver and enjoying new experiences. Happy new year!

handmade by amalia said...

And to you, dear Meredith!
Amalia
xo

Gracie Saylor said...

The local fireworks woke me up at midnight, but I did not have any trouble going back to sleep :) I enjoyed watching my favorite parade, the Rose Parade, and I enjoyed watching the highlights of the Rose Bowl game. I'm so glad you have enjoyed more good times with your family and friends, at the zoo and playing a game you enjoyed but is unfamiliar to me. Your loving energy, productivity, kindness, and generosity inspire me to want to do my best in 2020 as well. Thanks for posting, Meredith!

Jodiebodie said...

Happy New Year Meredith!
I love your attitude towards New Year especially the refusal to allow New Year partying to mess up your circadian rhythms.
I love your clean fresh start to the new year also.
Perhaps LB is taking on a new outlook as well - so brave to go on the roller coaster!
Your zygos (xmas cacti) look wonderfully healthy and happy. I hope that's the sort of year ahead for us too. Hugs and best wishes xxx

Nance said...

I love your philosophy for the New Year! Move forward, don't relive the past, and no big resolutions for vast changes. Keeping it simple and simply doing your best--that's me, too.

Happy New Year, Meredith.

Anonymous said...

do you have any idea what a total BLESSING you are?
LOVE the puppy pictures! and the most favorite of all … Little Brave Buddy!
" I am just going to try to do my best because really what else is there? Be kind to others, be kind to myself, be as healthy as possible, rest when possible, help as many people as I can and just do my best. Simple, simple, simple. "
the most sensible approach to a new year that I know of! xoxoxo

Vera said...

I believe Little Buddy is braver than me! Love all these pictures - just precious. Happy New Year! May it be a year of contentment, joy, laughter for all of us.

karen said...

happy new year!!! How exciting that the roller coaster was tackled. May your 2020 be super fun, less stressful and full of good good health!!

DelightedHands said...

What joy on Buddy's face on the rides! Soo wonderful!
yes, family's dog visits can be trying....the things you do for love!
Here's to a new year!!!

Christina said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Keep it simple and be kind, and rest when possible are perfect mottos for this new year, I shall aim for the same. Lots of love, Christina xx

Janice Smith said...

A trip to the zoo . . . what a great way to start the new year. I loved seeing the photos of Little Buddy enjoying the rides. :-)
Your Christmas cactuses are spectacular!!! Wishing you and your family and your blog followers a happy, healthy year ahead!

Anonymous said...

Happy ,healthy and blessed 2020. Looks like Little Buddy had a good time.
Marilyn

Jo said...

What a wonderful way to welcome in the new year, a trip to the zoo and rides on a roller coaster, Little B is braver than I am. Wow, your Christmas cactus's are incredible, absolutely beautiful. It's hard waving our offspring goodbye at the end of the holidays, isn't it? I do wish that Daniel would move closer to home, but the times we do spend together these days are extra special because we don't get to see each other all that often. Wishing you and your family a happy new year, all the very best for 2020.

Babajeza said...

Happy New Year, Meredith, to you and your loved ones. All the best! Regula

CJ said...

Lovely words my friend. And I am with you on starting New Year freshly without being tired, as is the biggest boy. Wonderful photos, lovely to see your son and his girlfriend. And your Christmas cactuses are indeed wonderful. I am wishing you and yours a very wonderful and happy 2020. Onwards! CJ xx

Lorrie said...

Happy New Year, Meredith. Little Buddy is growing up! What a fine looking young man he is, thanks to your love and care for him. Your Christmas cacti are AMAZING! WOW! I've been tidying up and throwing out here, too, wanting to begin 2020 with a clean home!

Karen said...

Happy New Year, Meredith. I like your attitude about welcoming the coming year without resolutions or words. I'm in the same place and I'm taking it a day at a time.

Anita said...

Happy New Year to you also sweetness!!! Those flowers are so amazing in their color!!! Love the doggo photos, so cute and don't they look so innocent when they sleep. lol Little Buddy is such a sparky guy isn't he? He might not like the start of the rides but he still went on them. I'm not to nostalgic about the year just gone but I do hope for a better year in 2020. I am very impressed about the 11,385 yards of yarn my friend. What an effort. lol Have a beautiful day. xxx

kathy b said...

Another year .....time is flying Meredith. Your knits and crochets were astounding...each and every one.
Lil Buddy is growing up to be a good boy !!! May 2020 bring us all closer and kinder to those we find hardest to bear.
Love the roller coaster story!!! Way to go LIL b
and those Christmas cactus WOW

Faith said...

I do remember this game...the only name I recall is Poindexter....hee hee.....