Sunday, June 25, 2017

Little Buddy is six, adoption day anniversary and more pictures than you want to see.....














Little Buddy turned six yesterday!  A big day for a big boy.  He also shares this wonderful birthday with his sweet Uncle Don.  They always send each other a video singing happy birthday, it is now a tradition.  

This boy had so much fun.  It started with a trip to the beach with Mr. 20.  We have not been all year, I know it isn't that far but it is a big undertaking with a little one that can't walk by himself.  No walker or canes on the beach, they won't work.  I bought a new beach wagon and plopped him in it.  I know they are for chairs and toys but you have to do what works.  I did get a few looks, especially after it tipped over in the sand with him in it!

After lunch he had a great nap, and then it was time for dinner, presents and cake.  He loved every minute of it.  Aunt Claudie and Uncle Don got him some magic tricks, he was able to do one of them and was so pleased.  He also got a new vacuum, Paw Patrol toys, and a new big wheel that I hope he can ride. 

Did you know that six year olds will not smile for the camera?  He simply refused all day, these were the best photos I could get, taken on the fly when he was not looking.  He smiles all the time but not for the camera.  Ah, six you might be more of a challenge than I thought!

To make the weekend even better a special jeep got delivered to our house.  Little Buddy's teacher had a grant for the last two years to adapt special motorized toys for those kids in her class that have special needs.  Her husband, Mr. Bill, is an engineer and adapts all sorts of things for kids who need them, including helping very involved children being able to drive their own electric wheelchairs.  He adapted several vehicles that Little Buddy and others enjoyed during the school year.  Little Buddy's teacher retired after this past school year and offered this jeep to Little Buddy to keep.  We were speechless, and if you know me it takes a lot for me not to have any words!  The jeep was delivered on Friday, the battery was charged up, Mr. Bill came over yesterday to fine tune things and now it works.  He was out in it this morning in his pj's!  What fun!!!  There is a switch on the steering wheel that makes it go easy, peasy.  I do think Little Buddy could use a gas petal but this works perfectly.  He is so excited.

Today is the anniversary of Little Buddy's adoption.  A very special day for my family because this is when he became legally ours.  He has been a part of our family for three years, actually living here almost three and a half years, boy does time fly.  You can read more about Little Buddy's adoption here and here.  Some of you are new to this blog and might not know about our special boy.  By the way welcome to this space, I am so glad to have you here. 

Yesterday at the beach my older son said, "I think (Little Buddy) hit the jackpot when he got our family."  I so agree, but I think we won the jackpot not him.

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Adoption Day and happy birthday, Little Buddy! Jackpot all around!

I almost fell off my chair laughing....Little Buddy got a DYSON!!!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Happy 6th Birthday Buddy, a great little guy. That was a very BIG birthday celebration. Hugs.
Joy

Mac n' Janet said...

Happy, happy Birthday to a beautiful little boy.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Happy Birthday to the little man!
And Happy Anniversary! I think you're all very lucky to have found each other.

Lulu said...

He looks like a happy child..Thats awesome..

busybusybeejay said...

Happy Birthday Little Buddy.Amazing presents and ,wow, that cake !!!!!

CJ said...

Happy Birthday little man, it looks like he had a wonderful day. The jeep sounds amazing, he must be thrilled. I think you are all lucky to have found each other. CJ xx

Christina said...

I am glad I can touch type because my eyes are full of tears. The very last paragraph really touched my heart. Double jackpot it is! Happy Birthday to this special little boy and happy adoption anniversary to all of you. You have a special place in my heart Meredith and I wish you lots of love and joy. xx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Time certainly does fly. I'd definitely say that you are all very blessed to have each other. You got lots of great photos (I prefer the more candid ones anyways). It definitely looks like Little Buddy enjoyed his special day very much. Happy Birthday Z Man (and Uncle Don)! Hugs and blessings to all, Tammy

mamasmercantile said...

Happy Birthday and adoption day for a very special boy and his wonderful family. Blessed to have found each other. Love the jeep and the dyson, what fun.

Teresa Kasner said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to Little Buddy! I agree with your son, he is a lucky boy to land in your family and with such a devoted and kind mom as you are. His cake looks fabulous! What an amazing gift the Jeep is. Lucky lucky boy. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Bridget said...

Happy wishes all the way around! What good things to celebrate.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Tiger who is also six, doe snot like to smile for the camera either. We catch some good one's when he isn't looking. Little Buddy had a very special day indeed. So much love to and from this little guy. He is special to me and I only know him from your blog. He inspires me as do you Meredith and your whole family.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

It is definitely a win-win situation for everyone involved. Happy birthday to you Little Buddy, and Uncle Don of course. Happy adoption day anniversary too, you're all so lucky to have each other!
Andrea

Delighted Hands said...

What joy in the celebrations of the day=incredible reasons for family smiles to make up for his lack of cooperation! lol
Here's to many more anniversary/birthdays!

Jodiebodie said...

Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary to LB and all of you. We need more love in the world and you all lead by example.
I can't think of a better way to spend a birthday than with a visit to the beach, time with family and finishing with cake. It's wonderful that Big Brother was able to lavish lots of attention on the birthday boy.
Congratulations to all of you. xx

AnnieOBTextiles said...

Happy Birthday Little Buddy, looks like you had a great day. The jeep sounds amazing and such fun. It was a special day when you found each other as you are a very special family.
Tennis balls with a cross split in them are great for pushing on the end of sticks/crutches on the beach. They help stop the ends disappearing into the sand!

Gracie Saylor said...

🎶Happy Birthday and Adoption Day! 🎶🎂💞 Your celebration reminds me of the special celebrations we have known for many years with our adopted sons. Like you, when others have said how blessed the boys are to have us as family, we realize again how we are so blessed to have them in our family! My boys will be 42 and 46 this Fall! The car is an amazing gift and I am so glad you all had a great time together even if Mr. Six Year Old did not want to smile for the camera. 🤗😘

Araignee said...

Congrats on the big milestones!!! What joy you have brought to each other. Here's to many, many more years of happiness!!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday and Adoption Day! The day looked like it was absolutely fabulous. The jeep is perfect for some summertime cruising. I think you all won the jackpot.

Melanie said...

Happy birthday to Little Buddy AND happy adoption day! I think you're ALL blessed as a family. How wonderful that Little Buddy was gifted with that special Jeep! I'm sure he loves it.

I noticed immediatel y in the fourth picture in this post, where Mr 20 is looking directly at the camera, that he looks SO much like Claudia! Same smile, for sure.

Betsy said...

It looks like the birthday was great fun! His gifts all sound perfect and what a wonderful blessing of the jeep. That will help him so much with his mobility outside and make him feel like a very "big boy!" I so enjoyed the photos of the beach with his big brother and his happiness with his birthday cake. What precious days these are for all of you. I remember very well when you adopted him. I was just so very happy for you and I think you all won the jackpot when you found each other and became a forever family. Happy, happy adoption day to all of you! Blessings, Betsy

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! Happy Adoption Day to the rest of you! How wonderful to have two days to celebrate at once that mean so much to you all. So glad to hear that things are going so well for Buddy, I hope that the next year will bring even more good things for you all! xx

Jo said...

There could never be too many pictures of Little Buddy. It looks like he had a wonderful birthday and wow, his own jeep!

kathy b said...

What a joyful post. Lil BUddy's life is an amazing journey because of your family. It is so wonderful for all of us to read about his milestones. YOU make the world a much better place. THe cake looks amazing!!!! Lil b looks so happy blowing out those candles. I for one, love the vacuum gift. ON so many levels!

Caffeine Girl said...

There is no such thing as too many photos of LB!
I know he's adopted, but he looks like his brother!
His adoption day is definitely something to be celebrated! Your family is built an love and very solid!

Nance said...

Happy Days!
And I would do anything for LB's eyelashes. WOW. A guy with eyes like that AND his own car? He has it made.

Una said...

Happy birthday for yesterday. One day you will have to start calling him "Buddy". He's getting bigger now! Today would have been my Dad's 100th birthday and he had a lovely character. Buddy will be the same.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Happy Birthday to that special little boy! There can never be to many pictures of him as far as I'm concerned and the one of him in his new jeep is the best! He is such a cute kid and a very lucky one too!

Willow said...

Happy Birthday and Happy 'Gotcha' Adoption Day! That special day for my two grandchildren is in April and I know how special it is.
That motorized jeep is amazing! What a special gift and wonderful people.

Anonymous said...

Awww...he is so sweet. H Bday LB (& :) to you)

gaia said...

Happy Birthday and HAppy Adoption DAy! Wishing you the very best....

Jennifer Hays said...

Happy birthday, Little Buddy, and happy adoption day to all of you!

Jo said...

What a special day. Happy Birthday! Jo x

Lorrie said...

Happy Birthday to your special boy. He looks so pleased with his cake! There's a six-year-old in my life who doesn't smile on demand anymore, either.

Joyful said...

Aw, so heartwarming to see your boys together at the beach. I know what you mean about not being far to the beach but seldom getting there. I have the same issue but I don't have the same excuses ;-)

Happy birthday to little Buddy. He certainly is a special boy in a special family. xx

Fiona said...

Happy belated birthday to Buddy and Happy Birthday to Buddy's wonderful mother!
Fiona

Toni said...

Happy anniversary to your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam Crossland said...

Have you ever noticed that freckles find the most adorable kids and hop right on them? He is lovely and I'm so happy your family found him.